Windows 10: Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.

Discus and support Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] As you see in the screenshot Explorer just sits there trying to load the folder I've requested. This happens, seemingly, randomly, at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by apex, Jul 30, 2016.

1. apex Win User

Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives.

Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives. [​IMG]

As you see in the screenshot Explorer just sits there trying to load the folder I've requested. This happens, seemingly, randomly, at least I haven't been able to find a pattern. If I unmount all network drives the problem disappears. Sometimes it loads within a few seconds while some other time it can keep loading for several minutes preventing me from doing anything useful. As you can imagine this is very frustrating. One solution to temporarily bypass this is to cut the network connection and open the folder I need and then reconnect the network.

System:
    -Windows 10 Home/Pro.
    -ZyXEL NAS540 with latest firmware (I've gone through several firmware updates since purchase).
    -Other devices mounted as network drives for easy access (e.g, Android phone, Shield Android TV, etc.).
    -Router Netgear WNR3500Lv2 with Tomato firmware 132 by Shibby (Same as NAS, gone through several firmware upgrades/-downgrades, problem persists).

The router is Master Browser and WINS Server and these features are turned off on the NAS. ipconfig /all shows WINS Server as 192.168.1.1 (router).

:)

2. Windows reset stuck on 10%

Double click the ISO file and it would mount as a drive in File explorer.

In the drive, you would see a sources folder.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 30, 2016
  3. colinobj Win User
    Mount ISO image that persists or mount at start-up

Using Windows 10 Home.

I want to have an ISO disk image mounted permanently and assigned to drive letter U - rather like mapping a network drive.

I know how to mount an ISO image in file explorer and assign it a drive letter in diskmgmt. But, when I re-start the computer, the mount does not persist and I have to do the mount/drive-letter assignment all over again.

I know there are 3rd party utilities which can do this, but how do I do it in Windows 10?

Is there a way of making the mount and drive-letter persist?

Or perhaps a command that can be executed at start-up to mount and assign a drive letter?

Or can it be done by kidding the "Map network drive" to map it somehow?

colinobj, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I have 2 WDC NAS drives plugged into my Router and on Windows [XP and later], Linux Minu and Mac OS X computers I just Map a folder on them, usually the one named Public. I can also access them through Wi-Fi/Wireless Networking on Notebooks.

Berton, Jul 30, 2016
  5. apex Win User
    I've tried mapping subfolders instead of mapping the root folder/drive but it makes no difference.

apex, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer can't load folders/drives with mounted network drives. - Similar Threads - Explorer can't load

2. Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10: Hello,I have just followed instructions to mount a hard drive as a folder in Windows 10. I will be using this to store music files.Rather than the internal SSD.What I would like some information on is this. If I have the hard drive connected to my computer and I make a Clone...
  3. Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10: Hello,I have just followed instructions to mount a hard drive as a folder in Windows 10. I will be using this to store music files.Rather than the internal SSD.What I would like some information on is this. If I have the hard drive connected to my computer and I make a Clone...
  4. Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to delay mounting network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  6. How to delay mounting network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  7. Can't mount external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount external hard drive: An external USB hard drive has been used for a number of years to regularly archive data on a Linux Debian system. The latest attempt to archive data gave the following error :- mount /media/backup mount : can't find UUID=0688802088800FFB Why does this error occur and how...
  8. Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10: How to: Mount Drive to a Folder in Windows 10 How to Mount a Drive to a Folder in Windows 10 You can assign a mount point folder path to a drive to have the drive appear as a normal folder located where you want. With you mount an internal or external drive to an...
  9. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  10. Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available

Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available: Hi I have a strange problem. I have some harddrives on a "server" computer in my homenetwork running win 7. From my "client" running windows 10 I am mounting these drives using psexec \\server -u username -p password -d net share F=F:\ /GRANT:user,Full...