Windows 10: Explorer Crashes

Discus and support Explorer Crashes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Explorer Crashes after renaming 40 or 50 files and has to be restarted. 44556 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Auskart, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Auskart Win User

Explorer Crashes

Explorer Crashes after renaming 40 or 50 files and has to be restarted.

:)

Auskart, Mar 18, 2016
  2. StuMac52 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing and Restarting On All 4 Of My Computers

I began using Explorer++ because File Explorer is near unusable. Unfortunately, it wasn't perfect either because it still caused explorer to crash when Explorer++ would use File Explorer or shell functions. When I did a re-install of Windows 10, I did not
    install Explorer++ until File Explorer started failing. For test purposes, I've delete Explorer++ it and cleaned up the registry (there's no install/uninstall app).

When I open "Recent Items" in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows, explorer crashes.

In Safe Mode, opening Recent Items does not cause explorer to crash however, it still crashes when creation a folder and still shows double libraries etc.

StuMac52, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Explorer Crashes

Hi,
    a. Has it always done this in Win 10?
    b. If not, are you aware of any change or event before this started happening?
    c. For how long has this been happening?

Can you post the report in the Event Log (use Event Viewer).

Elementary diagnosis:
    1. Does the same happen in Safe Mode?

If not,
    2. Try a clean boot, and elimination to identify conficting programs
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

Please post back results. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

Explorer Crashes

1. Explorer Crashes - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashes

2. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  3. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  4. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.: Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting...
  5. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.: Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting...
  6. File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.: I have Windows 11. The past few days I am unable to retrieve documents as I can't go through the File Explorer interface. I retrieve them when I open Publisher for example and the previously used files are listed there. I can't explore my hard drive because of this issue....
  7. File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.

File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.: I have Windows 11. The past few days I am unable to retrieve documents as I can't go through the File Explorer interface. I retrieve them when I open Publisher for example and the previously used files are listed there. I can't explore my hard drive because of this issue....
  8. Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes: It's so frustrating and anti-productive to only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes and neither increasing the sizes of RAM and Virtual memory didn't help. And before another **** Windows appeaser responds with a stupid reply that isn't going anywhere, "Why...
  9. Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes

Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes: It's so frustrating and anti-productive to only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes and neither increasing the sizes of RAM and Virtual memory didn't help. And before another **** Windows appeaser responds with a stupid reply that isn't going anywhere, "Why...
  10. My windows explorer keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows explorer keep crashing: i buy new laptop at jan 12 2024, but since i use my laptop my windows explorer keep crashing restarti already go to service center and re-installing windows, but it still happenplease help meError code : Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3155, time...