Windows 10: Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable

Discus and support Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi ! I know it's kinf of a common issue but i've read so many threads on this and tried so many stuff but so far nothing is working. Let me explaine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AurélienPoudat, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable

Hi !

I know it's kinf of a common issue but i've read so many threads on this and tried so many stuff but so far nothing is working. Let me explaine abit more in details whats happening.

First it begin with my toolbar (with battery icon, volume icon, wifi icon etc) wasnt "left clickable" anymore, that was a minor issue that i didnt really cared about. It's mostly this happening but sometimes, start menu dont work, folder make 1/2 minutes to appear (but no problem after when im inside those folder), research bar doesnt work etc etc.

I tried numerous stuff (Nvidia drivers, changing lots of settings inside the computer (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService) , cleaning, virus, etc etc.

Is there any new tips you would have to make me out of this situation ? (It's a new computer from 1 month ago)

I read i could reboot everything and reinstall windows while keeping my data, but i dont keep all of my software right ? It would be very difficult for me to do this since, working in music, i have a very important software with a looooot of stuff installe dinside that would take me 1 week to reinstall everything and i have lots of work right now (I already did this 1 month ago since I've changed my laptop, not sure i'm ready to do this). Any way of doing this without loosing my software ?

:)

AurélienPoudat, Aug 16, 2018

2. Internet Explorer is slow, crashing, freezing

Hi Albert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue and check.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Click on search and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Follow the steps suggested in this link and check if it helps.

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature
    might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Cant find Toolbar in Internet explorer 11

Hello Cagney,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toolbar is missing in Internet explorer 11. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent updates?
    • Did you check in setting and try to check mark the command bar and check?
    I suggest you to follow some steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Right click on top in empty space near the tabs
      and select Menu Bar and Command Bar and check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the issue is resolved.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable

1. Explorer crashing/slow and toolbar unclickable - Similar Threads - Explorer crashing slow

2. Toolbar on Tabbed File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar on Tabbed File Explorer: To whom it may concern,I am on the insider program and Windows 11 updated this morning. My current Windows specs are:Edición Windows 11 Pro Versión 22H2 Se instaló el ‎15-‎05-‎2022 Compilación del SO 22622.436 Número de serie R90YPCB2 Experiencia Windows Feature Experience...
  3. Toolbar on Tabbed File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolbar on Tabbed File Explorer: To whom it may concern,I am on the insider program and Windows 11 updated this morning. My current Windows specs are:Edición Windows 11 Pro Versión 22H2 Se instaló el ‎15-‎05-‎2022 Compilación del SO 22622.436 Número de serie R90YPCB2 Experiencia Windows Feature Experience...
  4. Unclickable area on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclickable area on screen: In the last couple of days I've noticed that a strip on the right edge of my screen will randomly become unclickable until I restart, and buttons or menu items on that side can't be interacted with unless I pull the window further left again, until I restart. The stranger...
  5. file explorer toolbar contents missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer toolbar contents missing: Contents of my file explorer toolbar can't be seen, only blank spaces are there. If somebody could fix this, it would be a great help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-toolbar-contents-missing/2c8fd8ed-0ddb-42ba-b193-8a9a7ad8428b
  6. File Explorer crashes or is really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer crashes or is really slow: Windows 10 Pro No trouble viewing c drive. Right click it and File Explorer freezes. Open another File Explorer window, some mapped Windows 10 drives to not appear. What to do?...
  7. File explorer's toolbar bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer's toolbar bug?: [IMG] Hello, I have this problem that my toolbar in file explorer looks really awful like that: https://preview.redd.it/kkn3kmcwtmv41.jpg?width=1234&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c4479d8d81317ed976470ae8591cb9d45e7262fa And I saw a video on Youtube where the toolbar looked...
  8. DEP unclickable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DEP unclickable: ​Long story short, I have been trying to play a game I downloaded from the internet and my laptop has been refusing to play it and the game just wont work, because it is a 16 bit program trying to work in a 64 bit computer. After some research I finally figured out how to fix...
  9. Internet Explorer Toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Toolbar: I have a "Internet Explorer" toolbar on top of my display (Main screen). How do I get rid of it? 59141
  10. Taskbar Toolbar Renders TOO SLOW

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Toolbar Renders TOO SLOW: I will click on my toolbar that opens a folder on my D: drive and periodically it will take forever to render. It just pops up an empty/blank. Then after 30 or so seconds, it will fill with my small number of files. It will then pop up quickly for say the next 3 or 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer unclickable