Windows 10: Explorer doesn't change file dates

Discus and support Explorer doesn't change file dates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows Explorer doesn't change the file dates for some files after they have been modified. It is a property of the file: some consistently change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by musicmouse, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Explorer doesn't change file dates

My Windows Explorer doesn't change the file dates for some files after they have been modified. It is a property of the file: some consistently change while others consistently stay the same. Refresh does not help.

It looks like there are two file dates as I can see the correct date when I browse a directory in FileZilla.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get rid of this "feature"?

:)

musicmouse, Sep 22, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Windows Explorer dates

When I "save as" and move emails or document to storage in File Explorer the date shown in File Explorer seems to always be the date I moved it to storage. I can see how to change the column name from "date modified" to "date created", but the actual date
    doesn't change. If I am late moving emails from Outlook to storage in File Explorer, the current date has no real value, especially if there is a series of emails/documents and replies. They all end up with the same after-the-fact date. How do I get it to
    show "date created"?

FrankSilkwood, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

Explorer doesn't change file dates

1. Explorer doesn't change file dates - Similar Threads - Explorer doesn't change

2. File date change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File date change: Last week I opened my onedrive to see the dates of 2 files have been altered. I looked at my sign in history that shows I uploaded and modified them in February I didn’t but strangely the IP address is the same. I tried to modify the dates on both my iOS app and PC Windows,...
  3. File date change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File date change: Last week I opened my onedrive to see the dates of 2 files have been altered. I looked at my sign in history that shows I uploaded and modified them in February I didn’t but strangely the IP address is the same. I tried to modify the dates on both my iOS app and PC Windows,...
  4. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  5. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  6. Friendly dates in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Friendly dates in File Explorer: I have two laptops running the same latest updated version of Window 10. On one, all my File Explorer dates are in the newer "Friendly Dates" format introduced with, I believe, 1903, while the other uses the older style file date format. Neither one shows the "Use Friendly...
  7. File Explorer: Date

File Explorer: Date: In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date format listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-date/4614f159-9281-43d2-a1ea-3669f9a9abc0
  8. change date of a file

change date of a file: Please tell me how to change the creation date and modification date of a file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-of-a-file/bb7e76a2-aca7-46a3-b941-8e1cdd55cec1"
  9. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...