Windows 10: Explorer - Dropbox Sort Order in registry not permanent

Discus and support Explorer - Dropbox Sort Order in registry not permanent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello folks, I have changed the sort order of some of my items in the left navigation pane of the Windows Explorer (see screenshot). [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pakZ, Oct 14, 2017.

1. pakZ Win User

Explorer - Dropbox Sort Order in registry not permanent

Hello folks,

I have changed the sort order of some of my items in the left navigation pane of the Windows Explorer (see screenshot).

Explorer - Dropbox Sort Order in registry not permanent [​IMG]

However, upon rebooting only the Dropbox icon will jump back to its old place.

The registry entries are being overwritten back to what they were before I changed them and I would have to do the same process all over again.
    Anyone of you knows the reason for that? And perhaps even a solution, how to keep the sort order permanently?

(changed both entries to "94")

Thanks in advance. *Party

Kind regards

:)

2. HairyFool Win User

Rearranging picture order in Windows 7 and Windows 10

Explorer needs a specific sort order by default. Although you have a number of options (date, size etc.) there is not the option to have none.

It is possible by registry modification but not recommended.

HairyFool, Oct 14, 2017
  3. - Retaining Sort Order in File Explorer:

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me assist you on your issue regarding Windows 10.

"it takes a LONG time for the software to rescan the folder and re-order", which software are you using to rescan and re-order the folder?

You may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the drop box folder in file explorer which needs to be sorted.

2. Click on the view tab in the file ribbon.

3. Now select the sort by option.

4. Select the "date created" option and also select descending order.

5. By select these two options the most recent(new) files will be displayed in the top separated by most recent(new) folders.

Note: The above steps are for drop box folder only, if you want to sort the other folder similarly please follow the above steps.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 14, 2017
Thema:

Explorer - Dropbox Sort Order in registry not permanent

1. Explorer - Dropbox Sort Order in registry not permanent - Similar Threads - Explorer Dropbox Sort

2. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  3. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  4. Windows File Explorer Keeps Resetting Sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer Keeps Resetting Sort order: As stated above whenever i open a folder in file explorer it defaults back to sorting by name but before automatically resorting itself back to sorting by date, this happens everytime i open the folder, and wastes 5 or more seconds every time i navigate between folder be it...
  5. File Explorer Sort Order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sort Order: Question regarding sort order for File Explorer in Windows 10: The sort order changes with updates at times. My sort order preference is to show file folders alphabetically first and then files sorted either by date modified or alphabetically, depending on the search. What's...
  6. Cannot permanantly sort items in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot permanantly sort items in Windows Explorer: I am doing some file moves which require me to move many files from one directory to another. These are all music files which are being moved into smaller directories due to Windows Explorer constantly re-reading/re-indexing the directory every time I change the column sort...
  7. Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer sorting in REVERSE alphabetical order.: For a few days I can't remember when I last restarted or updated my PC, my file explorer has been sorting the contents of my folders wrong. It correctly places files before folders when I sort by NAME>Descending, but the file and folder names are in reverse alphabetical...
  8. File Explorer sort order corrupted/altered

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer sort order corrupted/altered: When I subdivide a video into segments, I end up with clip1.ext, clip2.ext, clip3.ext, clip4.ext, clip5.ext etc. When I move them to another folder, they appear there as clip5.ext, clip1.ext, clip2.ext, clip3.ext, clip4.ext If I click on the column heading, they appear as...
  9. Sort Order Of The Side Bar In Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sort Order Of The Side Bar In Windows Explorer: High, I work on a Windows 10 Home (64bit) laptop and want to change the order of the Explorer side bar in my own manner. Depending on my searching results I got a first helpfull solution. Ramesh explained that for Libraries under the following Key...
  10. Explorer sort order puzzle

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer sort order puzzle: Hopefully my question is clear from the following illustration. In short, I cannot understand why my files and subfolders are not getting sorted into the logical order I expect. Pretty sure thet were correct under my previous XP PC. All folders should come first. And several...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 explorer navigation dropbox sortorder