Windows 10: Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down

Discus and support Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I took the upgrade path from Build 10122 to 10130, but every time I shut down, I get this application error message after the desktop closes. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gzt7d8, Jun 10, 2015.

1. gzt7d8 Win User

Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down

I took the upgrade path from Build 10122 to 10130, but every time I shut down, I get this application error message after the desktop closes. I have to click OK to terminate the program to shut the machine down.

This is the first time I've seen this error, and I'm looking to see if anyone is familiar with this and if there is a fix I can make to correct it.

Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down [​IMG]

:)

gzt7d8, Jun 10, 2015
  2. saganized Win User

Task Host Window / explorer.exe - Application Error (on shutdown and/or restart)

1. HP TouchSmart 300-1020 (I indicated this in the first line of my original post).

2. I updated Windows Home Version 1511 to Version 1607 (Build 14393.10--also indicated in my original post). I made no other changes during or after upgrading. (However, today, I added Piriform Speccy to my machine--since I did this AFTER the error message
    started appearing, I think it is safe to assume adding that program has nothing to do with the issue.)

3. I get the error WHEN I SHUT DOWN OR RESTART, not while I "access any particular application." Let me repeat: This error occurs WHEN I SHUT DOWN OR RESTART. That is the ONLY time it occurs.

I tried ending the explorer.exe process and running a new explorer.exe process. The explorer.exe - Application Error still (sometimes) appears. Not every time; but sometimes.

saganized, Jun 10, 2015
  3. BobP8623 Win User
    explorer.exe application error

I am constantly getting this error and explorer.exe is hanging. This causes the system to be slow and I have to reboot. However, trying to normally shut down doesn't work and I have to manually shut down. Here is the error.

explorer.exe Application Error

The instruction at 0x00007FFB57B06E29 references memory at 0x00007FFB2A134B38. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate program.

BobP8623, Jun 10, 2015
  4. Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down

That may be one of the problems, with NOT doing a Clean Install. (corrupted files)

So you can always try downloading the ISO, burning a DVD and then doing a Clean Install.
    Well, that's what I'd do anyway. Heck, that's what I always do, and so far, since January, I've not had any problems with any of the Windows 10 builds, from 9926 to 10135.

After a Clean install, if you have any problems, it's usually some little bit that got miss-read during the install. So you just reformat and install again and that usually fixes things.

Good Luck!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jun 10, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I suspect there is a problem with the 'Power' options link in the Start Menu in Build 10130 or later.
    Every other shutdown option works without the error.

Edwin, Jun 10, 2015
  6. rmonroe36 Win User
    I believe this is a known issue in build 10130. Check out these posts:
    https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.ph...56j19579910j34

rmonroe36, Jun 10, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Alternatives to avoid the error:
    - create a desktop shortcut using: shutdown /s /t 0
    - 'Slide to Shutdown' found at "C:\Windows\System32\SlideToShutDown.exe"
    - Shutdown options in WinX Menu
    - use the physical Power button

Edwin, Jun 10, 2015
  8. gzt7d8 Win User

I suppose this is the one time I'm glad I'm not alone. I just check the Windows Insider Program Community forum and there are quite a few posts there too with the same problem on Build 10130. I reported the problem too through the Feedback so I'll be patient and see if they come up with a fix.

I'll try another option to shut down as a work around for now.

gzt7d8, Jun 10, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Having the same problem (clean install) just wondering if it is because of the older DDR II memory. . .*Confused

10. rxdpunk Win User
    I would just like to add that I also receive this error when shutting down via the power menu. I did a clean install of windows 10. Also I have ddr 3 memory in my pc. So, it's not directly related to ddr 2 memory.

rxdpunk, Jun 10, 2015
  11. gzt7d8 Win User
    I have DDR4 memory so not sure if there is any connection or not.

gzt7d8, Jun 10, 2015
  12. I get this error as well on shutdown.

How do you get 10135, it's not showing when I try Windows update i'm still on 10130?

kuyenmotdivad, Jun 11, 2015
  13. Boozad Win User

It was a leaked build not offered through Windows Updates.

Boozad, Jun 11, 2015
  14. Oh, wonder when there going send out another update 10130 is so buggy.

kuyenmotdivad, Jun 11, 2015
  15. Berton Win User
    Berton, Jun 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down - Similar Threads - Explorer exe Application

2. 0x00000006304b522 appears every time I shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x00000006304b522 appears every time I shut down: Hi AllThis appears every time I shut down.0x00000006304b522 How can or what do I have to do to put this right please.Thank youMr Soft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x00000006304b522-appears-every-time-i-shut-down/e7a0ff7d-b49d-4f07-bff3-0756a568417c
  3. 0x00000006304b522 appears every time I shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x00000006304b522 appears every time I shut down: Hi AllThis appears every time I shut down.0x00000006304b522 How can or what do I have to do to put this right please.Thank youMr Soft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x00000006304b522-appears-every-time-i-shut-down/e7a0ff7d-b49d-4f07-bff3-0756a568417c
  4. PC shuts down at specific time every night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down at specific time every night: I watched a video showing me how to make my PC shut down at a specific time every night. I wrote some simple code and now it shuts down at 3:45 every day. I cannot make it stop. I have tried “shutdown -a” and it says “there is no shutdown program”. Most days it is no issue...
  5. Error every time I shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error every time I shut down: Please, I do not know how to solve it, sometimes after updating it goes away but then it comes back it started after i had a virus removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-every-time-i-shut-down/f22e85a9-42d2-41a5-b56e-93bac9aeaf24
  6. Error every time I shut down

Error every time I shut down: Please, I do not know how to solve it, sometimes after updating it goes away but then it comes back it started after i had a virus removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-every-time-i-shut-down/f22e85a9-42d2-41a5-b56e-93bac9aeaf24
  7. Winload.efi error every time i boot from shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winload.efi error every time i boot from shut down.: Hi,I just installed a new NVMe SSD into myLaptop and did a clean installation of windows 10 using the media creation tool on a USB. After installation though, i came across the infamous winload.efi missing error 0x0000000e. I followed instructions from multiple forums by...
  8. Winload.efi error every time i boot from shut down.

Winload.efi error every time i boot from shut down.: Hi,I just installed a new NVMe SSD into myLaptop and did a clean installation of windows 10 using the media creation tool on a USB. After installation though, i came across the infamous winload.efi missing error 0x0000000e. I followed instructions from multiple forums by...
  9. Winload.efi error every time i boot from shut down.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. LogTransport2.exe windows popped up every time when shutting down my Surface

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LogTransport2.exe windows popped up every time when shutting down my Surface: Hello all, I'm new here and glad to join the community : As mentioned in the subject, it said it's an Application Error with below message: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application. In fact it doesn't affect me anything....
Tags: