Windows 10: explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll

Discus and support explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i did a factory reset to windows 8.1 but cant find any drivers for my toshiba a665-s6070 on the toshiba site. so the system is basically half functional. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ashtreylil, Dec 4, 2014.

1. explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll

i did a factory reset to windows 8.1 but cant find any drivers for my toshiba a665-s6070 on the toshiba site. so the system is basically half functional.

ashtreylil, Dec 12, 2014
  2. usasma Win User

Post a copy of the MSINFO32 and Systeminfo reports and we'll see about fixing the drivers individually.
    For now, use this link: Satellite A665-S6070 Support | Toshiba
    Click on the "Drivers and Updates" link that's just to the right of "Support Highlights"
    Then scroll down the left side of the page and select Win8.1 and install that driver
    Then select Windows 8 and install the drivers from there.

usasma, Dec 12, 2014
  3. For now, use this link: Satellite A665-S6070 Support | Toshiba
    Click on the "Drivers and Updates" link that's just to the right of "Support Highlights"
    Then scroll down the left side of the page and select Win8.1 and install that driver
    Then select Windows 8 and install the drivers from there. aparently that had a hiccup in their site because i couldnt reach that section before.

ashtreylil, Dec 13, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll

MSINFO32 doesn't report any problems with any of your devices (the Components...Problem Devices section of the report)

usasma, Dec 13, 2014
  5. i noticed after i posted the report that windows update installed the drivers for me. as of now the system is stable and i have no issues anymore so thread solved ^u^

ashtreylil, Dec 13, 2014
  6. usasma Win User
    Glad to hear it.
    Thanks for letting us know!

usasma, Dec 14, 2014
  7. alijcam Win User
    Hi All
    I have a Dell 9150 (yes, it's pretty old!) on which I have been running all of the various W10-64 releases.
    Up to 9926 I have not had major issues, other than Office 2010 outlook and Word throwing CRT errors on launch.
    9926 installed well, but after updates for Office 2010 and W10 OS I now get the explorer restart loop, every second or so.
    Eventually, after 20 - 40 restarts, the cycle stops, but with taskbar icons and start menu tiles and icons missing.
    Restarting explorer in the task/service list restarts the looping process.
    Can anyone suggest the best things/way to look for to debug - or at least identify - the issue?
    Thanks

alijcam, Feb 2, 2015
  8. usasma Win User

alijcam - please start your own topic.
    Please include this report with it:

usasma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. explorer.exe crash loop caused by ntdll.dll - Similar Threads - explorer exe crash

2. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  3. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  4. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games: hello,recently most of my games kept crashing and these 2 errors kept popping upthis happens few weeks ago but the problem just suddenly gone and now its back and what started this issue is battlefield 2042i uninstalled battlefield 2042 and deleted everything related to it...
  5. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  6. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  7. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors: Hey, It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported. I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1...
  9. ntdll crash

ntdll crash: hi, ntdll.dll crash with this:' Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: SilverFast 8.exe, version 8.8.0.18, tidsstämpel 0x5dfa0415 , felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ntdll.dll, version 10.0.18362.418, tidsstämpel 0x99ca0526 Undantagskod: 0xc0000374 Felförskjutning:...
  10. NTDLL crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    NTDLL crash: Hey, Since a few weeks I experience crash-to-desktops for different software. The relevant program starts up and closes after about 2-10 seconds after which I see the desktop. No error message appears. When I look at "Windows Logs" the crash would have to do with the...
Tags: