Windows 10: Explorer.exe crashing and restarting about every ten seconds on E7470

Discus and support Explorer.exe crashing and restarting about every ten seconds on E7470 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i have a Dell Latitude E7470 that is connected to a domain. Upon login to one domain account explorer.exe crashes and restarts about every 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SwEeTAcTioN, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Explorer.exe crashing and restarting about every ten seconds on E7470

So i have a Dell Latitude E7470 that is connected to a domain. Upon login to one domain account explorer.exe crashes and restarts about every 10 seconds. After some digging i have a few suspicions on what may be causing this but first the steps i took to arrive at my suspicions. First things first i booted into safe mode just to disable all third party shenanigans and still experienced the issue. I switched accounts to a local admin account and explorer.exe is stable. After doing some digging i discovered DDP (Dell Data Protection) was pegging the cpu and causing a general performance issue, after updating the client on the local machine the rogue thread seemed to have died and the cpu returned to a normal threshold, however the explorer crashing issue still remained. I logged back into the domain account and rebuilt the user profile, this seemed to stay stable for about 5 minutes and then began to crash again. Ran CHKDSK, DISM, and SFC and all come back normal. After firing up ProcMon and ProcExplorer i have seemed to have narrowed it down to 4 possibilites. SHCORE.DLL, Shell32.dll, ntdll.dll or DDP encrypting something and making it unreadable to the OS/NT Kernel. Event log points to shell32.dll as the faulting module when explorer.exe crashed. And after looking through the stack via procexp it is showing ntdll faulting somehow. The crash dump near the end of the file states "Cannot read ntdll!_LDR_DATA_TABLE_ENTRY" and im thinking possibly the encryption service might have screwed up this file somehow, but doesnt really make sense since it works for a local account. Attaching the CrashDump here with all of the sensitive info edited out so that hopefully someone else can take a look and either verify that im not crazy, or that im a complete dumb ass. Either way im fine with both.

:)

SwEeTAcTioN, Jan 3, 2018

2. HELP! explorer.exe keeps crashing. [Windows 10]

About every 10 to 20 seconds explorer.exe causes my disk usage to reach 100% and subsequently crashes and restarts. I haven't been able to access my control panel, the app store, or windows explorer without it crashing and closing whatever it is I'm viewing.
    I've ended explorer.exe using task manager to see if it was something else that was causing the high disk usage but when I did that memory, disk, and CPU usage we're within a normal range.

WalterMitchellYG, Jan 3, 2018
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer.exe keeps crashing

Can you download and run the following application (AppCrashView):

AppCrashView - View application crashes (.wer files) in Windows 7/Vista

Click on one of the recent explorer.exe errors.

Can you copy and paste the information that appears in the lower window that has loaded modules.

auggy, Jan 3, 2018
  4. Explorer.exe crashing and restarting about every ten seconds on E7470

To anyone interested im on the phone with DDP support to unencrypt and remove the service. Will keep you posted on if this fixed it.

SwEeTAcTioN, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

Explorer.exe crashing and restarting about every ten seconds on E7470

1. Explorer.exe crashing and restarting about every ten seconds on E7470 - Similar Threads - Explorer exe crashing

2. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  3. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting: Hi, I'm so desperate, I tried so many fixes and can't get it fixed. So I send my PC either to sleep mode with a couple of Chrome Tabs or I just left it running. When I returned a couple of hours later the task bar and all the icons on the desktop kept flickering Explorer...
  4. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer keeps crashing every few seconds: Hello, I have a problem with my pc, im running windows 10 pro, today it started to crash every frew seconds, when i open a window in explorer, it suddenly crashes.I checked on event viewer and the following errors prompted:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version:...
  6. Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer Application Error - Windows Explorer Crashes and Restarts Every 5 Seconds: I made several software updates that required a reboot. After reboot, Windows Explorer began recycling crashing and restarting approx. every 5 seconds. The visible systems included taskbar not being populated with the expected icons, the taskbar and desktop including icons...
  7. Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds: Been having an issue where every couple weeks and on several reimaged laptops. Every 10 seconds or so, my cursor has the blue spinning wheel for a second and then my windows taskbar disappears and then reappears. Any file explorers I have open will automatically close. After...
  8. Explorer crash loop every second reboot

Explorer crash loop every second reboot: Hi, I'm having a problem where every second time I reboot, explorer.exe enters a crashloop rendering my PC unusable. The only way I can restart is via the PC reset button restarting via Ctrl+Alt+Del starts a restart that never finishes. I've tried several things that I've...
  9. Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds

Windows files explorer crashing and restarting in chain every 5 seconds: Hello guys, Since this morning my PC HP Laptop ; Windows 10 Pro ; 64 Bits ; build 1903 - 18362.1082 get a bug where my Windows Files Explorer stop working and then restart everytime by itself. I have check a little bit the task manager and there is the result : [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!

Windows Explorer crashing every 2 seconds!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1803 build 17134.345 currently unable to operate my computer since this morning! Windows Explorer keeps on crashing every 2 seconds, I killed the process explorer.exe (by opening an elevated command prompt via Task Manager) and ran DISM /Online...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Latitude E7470 outlook 2010 freezing