Windows 10: explorer.exe crashing on boot

Discus and support explorer.exe crashing on boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 7 > 10 with the media creation tool this time. although i have done it through the windows icon and windows update as well at least 2 times per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mipstien, Aug 10, 2015.

1. mipstien Win User

explorer.exe crashing on boot

Windows 7 > 10 with the media creation tool this time. although i have done it through the windows icon and windows update as well at least 2 times per each. no known virus or malware on it currently. cleaned recently very well.
    Windows 7 ran pretty good. i had trouble installing flash it causes the video card to act strangely so that was removed. There is no blue screen's due to this explorer.exe crash and when I try to load it up you have about 5-10 seconds before it disappears again. No errors or any noises. Just goes away. I have started up with every possible safe mode combination and msconfig combination trying to get something to show.
    Also when 10 is installing there is a text that shows up during the install and it does indicate that windows 10 is taking longer than expected.

:)

mipstien, Aug 10, 2015

2. BlackScreen appearing when rebooted after installation of windows update 1511 build 10586.494

If you can see Task Manager you can go into Details and confirm that explorer.exe is not running; then that would explain all your other symptoms. You could try restarting explorer.exe using TM's File, New... command.

Typically the reason that explorer.exe would not be working is that it would have crashed, probably as a resulting of another incompatible system product's interference. You could try booting in safe mode to see if explorer.exe would still crash then.
    That would be a first step in a clean-boot diagnosis.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 10, 2015
  3. BlackScreen appearing when rebooted after installation of windows update 1511 build 10586.494

If you can see Task Manager you can go into Details and confirm that explorer.exe is not running; then that would explain all your other symptoms. You could try restarting explorer.exe using TM's File, New... command.

Typically the reason that explorer.exe would not be working is that it would have crashed, probably as a resulting of another incompatible system product's interference. You could try booting in safe mode to see if explorer.exe would still crash then.
    That would be a first step in a clean-boot diagnosis.

i tried rebooting through safe mode(through msconfig), explorer.exe doesnt start in there too..

i dont know which product is incompatible with the system though...

RiteshChoudhury, Aug 10, 2015
  4. kimpe Win User

This used to happen to me with Windows 7 running on a older Intel quad core. Try this if you can keep it running long enough or in safe mode, open File Explorer, go to Folder Options => View tab => Advanced settings => Files and Folders. Check the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" box. Also, in the Hidden files and folders sub section check the "Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives" radio button. This worked for me a long time ago on a older machine. might be worth a shot. Good Luck.

kimpe, Aug 13, 2015
  5. mipstien Win User
    I solved this yesterday. IDT audio was installed and causing an issue with explorer.exe. once i uninstalled IDT Audio everything worked great including the audio still.

mipstien, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. explorer.exe crashing on boot - Similar Threads - explorer exe crashing

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  4. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  7. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes: Hello! whenever i open exe file my file explorers stops and i cant click anythinh after 1 hour or so it runs the exe files which if i try to force close using task maganger EXPLORER It blacks out my screen and i got to restart any resolve? if so please reply thanks!...
  8. Everytime i open a exe file explorer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.: Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only...
Tags: