Windows 10: explorer.exe occasional hang

Discus and support explorer.exe occasional hang in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so...since I got my new tower on the 16th, during the few times I've had it actually online and running, every so often, at least once a session,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Oct 28, 2015.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

explorer.exe occasional hang

so...since I got my new tower on the 16th, during the few times I've had it actually online and running, every so often, at least once a session, explorer.exe will become unresponsive and then hang, followed by automatically restarting itself.

what I want to know is if anyone else has had this happen to them and how to fix it?

:)

xraiderv1, Oct 28, 2015
  2. ashokram Win User

Explorer.exe hangs after coming out from Sleep Mode on Windows 10

Old title: explorer.exe hangs

am facing a problem with explorer.exe,

it hangs every time when resume from sleep can anyone help me with this

ashokram, Oct 28, 2015
  3. ashokram Win User
    explorer.exe it hangs every time when resume from sleep can anyone help me with this

am facing a problem with explorer.exe,

it hangs every time when resume from sleep can anyone help me with this

OP - explorer.exe

ashokram, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

explorer.exe occasional hang

1. explorer.exe occasional hang - Similar Threads - explorer exe occasional

2. Explorer sometirmes hang

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer sometirmes hang: windows11wordDISM.exesfc /scannow windowsPCwindows10 I am using windows11. Sometimes it happens that the file list is not displayed in Explorer. No response is returned and it hangs. However, the list of files is displayed from file dialogs such as word. DISM.exe and sfc...
  3. Windows Explorer Hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Hanging: For some reason windows explorer suddenly stops responding even though i am doing light work. I am able to use the apps normally that i have opened already but the taskbar becomes frozen. It restarts when i click on it and wait for a couple of seconds. Apps have also started...
  4. Occasional Windows 10 hang

Occasional Windows 10 hang: Hi there, I have a strange thing happening with my PC. When I am doing something or running microsoft edge, the whole PC becomes unresponsive, where the mouse can move for a while and start menu can be opened but nothing else. Then eventually the whole system freezes. I try...
  5. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  6. File Explorer hanging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer hanging: Hi All, Have a customer that has new Win 10 machines (i7, 16GB, 512SSD) on 2 of the machines File Explorer is hanging frequently. Have does the usual stuff to set it to My Pc rather that Quick Access, cleared cahe etc but still does it. Quick fix is a script to kill...
  7. Windows Explorer Hangs

Windows Explorer Hangs: Hi, I have a laptop at home that partially hangs when you open Windows Explorer. After booting up and logging in - when you open Windows Explorer it displays 'Quick Access' (no folders) and on the right says 'Working on it' - and then it stays like this forever. I've...
  8. Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Occasionally "Hangs" on "Sign Out": This is a question regarding a computer that intermittently “hangs” at “sign out”. When it hangs, the screen goes black and no commands are possible. The only recovery is to depress and hold the power button. The computer is a laptop Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 that was...
  9. some .exe files hang

in Windows 10 Support
    some .exe files hang: In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must...
  10. Win 10 - Explorer.exe hanging occasionally, MPC hangs on skip

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 - Explorer.exe hanging occasionally, MPC hangs on skip: For the past couple of weeks, explorer.exe has behaved oddly. It usually stalls for long enough for me to provoke the "the application has stopped responding, would you like to close it?" error to appear just after logging in (Not normal. Using an NVME) I finally decided...
Tags: