Windows 10: Explorer.exe on Windows 10 download does not work anymore

Discus and support Explorer.exe on Windows 10 download does not work anymore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am experiencing several problems since I downloaded Windows 10. At the beginning everything looked fine after the download. Once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tamara47, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Tamara47 Win User

Explorer.exe on Windows 10 download does not work anymore

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing several problems since I downloaded Windows 10. At the beginning everything looked fine after the download. Once I have set up OneDrive on my Microsoft account the problems started.

1. When starting the computer the screen starts flashing during the boot up.
    2. The start button does not work anymore and I can not access the apps at all or any function on the start button.
    3. I get the message explorer.exe - not found - on the screen
    4. I can not save anything on Word or Excel, just open and look at it but when I try to save I get the message I don't have authorization, I should contact the administrator which I am myself.

I searched the web for solutions and found some advice for the explorer.exe problem to access the task manager and restart Windows-explorer on the processed tab which I have done. The affect is nothing happens apart from the CPU going up above 90%, but the explorer.exe is still not working.

Could someone give me advice here of how to fix this? Many thanks

:)

Tamara47, Sep 9, 2015

2. Windows10: how to close win taskbar

Dear Andre.

I might also take into consideration about closing explorer.exe but I need to launch an application downloaded from the Windows AppStore (for example this: https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/store/p/pressreader/9wzdncrfj13b )

In order to launch this application, I run a BAT file containing this line:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\NewspaperDirect.PressReader_f09x14bt6ejbt!App

If I close explorer.exe this command does NOT work anymore and I cannot launch this application anymore.

If the ONLY solution to close the taskbar is closing explorer.exe, is there another way to launch a Windows app which will work?

I've already tried some software to hide the taskbar similar to the one you suggested to me but they do not works very well. Often, when a full screen application is closed, the taskbar popup again..

Thanks in advance.

GP

Giacomo TI, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Windows Store does not work on Windows 10 anymore!

I tried it twice did not work Explorer.exe on Windows 10 download does not work anymore :(

Tomasz.Kochmanski, Sep 9, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Hi!

First, I in fact have some more questions.

Do you have a backup of the things on the PC? If not, maybe it's a good idea to create one now!

The flashing screen might have to do with the driver of your graphics card. What computer are you using? What graphics card is in it? It also would be interesting to know, which driver version you are using for that graphics card.

We already had the problem that people get an authorization error when they tried to save Excel documents. We have a solution for that. However, these people never had that problem with other documents like with Word documents...

I think the worst issue, and that is the one I would start fixing first, is that the explorer and the start menu are not working. The smallest, less drastic fix I know for that is doing a system refresh.

Making sure that I have a working backup, I would try doing a system refresh.
    A tutorial on how to do that is available here: Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Joergi, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Explorer.exe on Windows 10 download does not work anymore - Similar Threads - Explorer exe download

2. Windows 10 download does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 download does not work: Hi there.Trying to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 from the Microsoft link here. Yeah... dosn't work. I get this:"...is not a valid Win32 application"Please help/Microsoft, fix your stuff :Thanks,Salman...
  3. Windows 10 download does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 download does not work: Hi there.Trying to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 from the Microsoft link here. Yeah... dosn't work. I get this:"...is not a valid Win32 application"Please help/Microsoft, fix your stuff :Thanks,Salman...
  4. Windows 10 download does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The preview pane in explorer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The preview pane in explorer not working anymore: The preview pane in explorer. The preview pane is not working for office, PDF, Coreldraw. Only jpeg file work, I have spent 6 hours. Tried everything I could find on google. Including 8 ways to fix... I use windows 10 Pro. I go into appropriate folders and scroll no longer...
  6. The preview pane in explorer not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The preview pane in explorer not working anymore: The preview pane in explorer. The preview pane is not working for office, PDF, Coreldraw. Only jpeg file work, I have spent 6 hours. Tried everything I could find on google. Including 8 ways to fix... I use windows 10 Pro. I go into appropriate folders and scroll no longer...
  7. Windows 10 does not work anymore after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not work anymore after update: Hello, In June, for no apparent reason, Windows 10 completely stopped working. I tried all the classic tricks to make it start again from the recovery menu, but nothing worked. In August, I just reinstalled Windows 10 entirely. And it worked. Since September 13th I think,...
  8. LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeCam - Windows 10 DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE: My Windows 10 updated recently and my LifeCam webcam stopped working completely. I followed EVERY SINGLE bit of advice on forums and threads on this site. I uninstalled, I deleted, I reinstalled, I rebooted and rebooted and rebooted. NOTHING WORKS . So PLEASE for the love of...
  9. Bluetooth does not work anymore on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth does not work anymore on Windows 10: Hello, After I formatted Windows 10 a few months ago Bluetooth devices no longer work on my computer. Whenever I try to add a Bluetooth device in Settings -> Bluetooth and other devices -> Add a device, the following window which is supposed to show discoverable devices,...
  10. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
Tags: