Windows 10: explorer.exe "the requested object does not exist"

Discus and support explorer.exe "the requested object does not exist" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to open files on my android device (Galaxy s6) when plugged into the PC via USB cable. This includes jpg, wav, mp3, and mp4 video files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Sep 8, 2017.

1. explorer.exe "the requested object does not exist"

I am unable to open files on my android device (Galaxy s6) when plugged into the PC via USB cable. This includes jpg, wav, mp3, and mp4 video files.

I get an error every time I try to open anything

The error message says

"explorer.exe the requested object does not exist"

I Googled the message but only really old outdated results showed up in Google and NOTHING pertaining to Explorer.exe!

I only want to move a certain picture to my Windows 10 PC and I cannot even open it up to find the correct one!

I really do not want to have to move ALL my pictures onto the PC just to find and open ONE image!

It works flawlessly on Windows 7 but I cannot open anything up on Windows 10 unless I take it off my phone into a folder on my computer and again I do not want to remove all my photos from the device just to find one.

The phones uses MTP and PTP and neither of these will let me preview anything

:)

Ornithophilia, Sep 8, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Sep 8, 2017
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Sep 8, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

explorer.exe "the requested object does not exist"

If you're just trying to get a file (pic, vid, etc) to the PC, Bluetooth transfer it. I have an ancient S4, and Bluetooth .jpg and .mp4 all the time, to my desktop Windows 10.

How to Transfer Files Using Bluetooth - YouTube

f14tomcat, Sep 8, 2017
Thema:

explorer.exe "the requested object does not exist"

1. explorer.exe "the requested object does not exist" - Similar Threads - explorer exe requested

2. Do .EXE files still exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do .EXE files still exist?: Hi there, this could be a totally stupid question but i cant seem to find a single .EXE file and they all seem to just be "application" files meaning i cant run them using scripts or anything, i have looked in every folder for multiple apps including chrome, did .EXE files...
  3. Do .EXE files still exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do .EXE files still exist?: Hi there, this could be a totally stupid question but i cant seem to find a single .EXE file and they all seem to just be "application" files meaning i cant run them using scripts or anything, i have looked in every folder for multiple apps including chrome, did .EXE files...
  4. Request for WindowsXP-KB982132-x86_tw77701.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for WindowsXP-KB982132-x86_tw77701.exe: Hi there,can I have : WindowsXP-KB982132-x86_tw77701.exewe have an XP PC and it urgently need this patch fileThank youRoxie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-windowsxp-kb982132-x86tw77701exe/4b8fc6cf-e2e8-4f86-af27-48b7838dc7fd
  5. Request for WindowsXP-KB982132-x86_tw77701.exe

Request for WindowsXP-KB982132-x86_tw77701.exe: Hi there,can I have : WindowsXP-KB982132-x86_tw77701.exewe have an XP PC and it urgently need this patch fileThank youRoxie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-windowsxp-kb982132-x86tw77701exe/4b8fc6cf-e2e8-4f86-af27-48b7838dc7fd
  6. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  7. Why does 3D objects exist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does 3D objects exist: For something that 0.0000000000000000000001% of people will use, a number so small it's possible that there are fewer grains of sand than its inverse, why is there not even an option to hide it? The OPTION itself doesn't even exist. Microsoft screws 99.9999999999999999999991%...
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. does this exist

in Windows 10 Support
    does this exist: hi, i was wondering if it's possible to a windows 10 laptop with my phone, something similar to apple with the iphone and mac 53557
  10. Explorer says folder does not exist when in fact it does

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer says folder does not exist when in fact it does: I'm trying to move a folder one level upwards. To illustrate: Folder A contains Folder B, which then contains Folder C Folder A -> Folder B -> Folder C I want to move Folder C to Folder A, like this: Folder A ->Folder B Folder A -> Folder C But then...
Tags: