Windows 10: Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder

Discus and support Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This has been happening recently. I can't say it is or is not related to the Anniversary Update. But when I create a new folder or rename an existing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder

This has been happening recently. I can't say it is or is not related to the Anniversary Update. But when I create a new folder or rename an existing folder, the folder box will freeze for 30-60 seconds. Sometimes it will then function as normal, sometimes it will require me to click on the red X in the upper right hand corner. Most times when I go back tot he folder after forcing it closed, the new folder or renamed folder will be there.

So I am not sure what this is or if this is a symptom of a more serious problem.

Thanks for any thoughts.

:)

Gator5000e, Aug 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 explorer can't create, delete or rename folders anymore

Hello, Windows 10: unable to create new folders, rename old folders or even delete old folders. Example: It lets me write the name of the new folder but when I hit the enter key the explorer windows kind of freeze and have to close it to get out of the
    loop. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Jean Claude C_59, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Explorer Not Responding on File Rename

When I create two or more new folders in Explorer (and leave their names to be "New Folder", "New Folder2", etc) they are created correctly. When I then rename them, the first one renames correctly. Then, with the following folders, either Explorer hangs
    for about 30 seconds before the second folder is renamed or it crashes immediately, leaving the new folder2 with the name "New Folder2".

AndreTerblanche, Aug 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder

dalchina, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Thanks, I tried searching but I must have missed that. Thanks for the link.

Gator5000e, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder

1. Explorer Freezes Temporarily When Creating a New or Renaming a Folder - Similar Threads - Explorer Freezes Temporarily

2. File Explorer crashes or freezes when creating New folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer crashes or freezes when creating New folder in Windows 10: If when you are trying to create a New Folder using the context menu, File Explorer freezes or crashes in Windows 10, then this article is sure to help you. File Explorer crashes or freezes when creating New folder [ATTACH] These are the things you can do is creating New...
  3. File Explorer Crashes When Creating New Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashes When Creating New Folder: Just tonight, File Explorer started crashing every time I tried to create a new folder. I have rebooted my computer several times and tried multiple fixes. None have worked. And yes, this is a Windows 10 Computer I bought just a few months ago....
  4. File Explorer Hanging or Crashing When Creating/Renaming Folders on RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Hanging or Crashing When Creating/Renaming Folders on RDP: I'm a lazy person and I RDP from my home desktop to my work laptop. This is all happening on the same LAN. I believe ever since I was updated to version 2004, anytime I create a new folder or rename a folder, File Explorer either hangs for 5-10 seconds or crashes and...
  5. too long to create new folder or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too long to create new folder or rename folder: Microsoft - why does it take 30 to 90 seconds to create a new folder or rename it??? please assist us with this issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-long-to-create-new-folder-or-rename-folder/bf0c626d-5ab8-40a6-aa3e-d71a0efe47f4
  6. File explorer crashes when creating new folder!

File explorer crashes when creating new folder!: this only happens when creating a new folder, and only on my user... Whenever I try it on an alternate account, it doesn't happen... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-when-creating-new-folder/a08bfd61-3538-4a89-87d7-33aa39006a63"
  7. File Explorer freezes when creating new folders

File Explorer freezes when creating new folders: Hi, My problem is exactly as the title says. Every time I try to create a new folder, File Explorer freezes and then crashes after about a minute or two. I really wanna fix this as I am a student and need folders to organize my files but I don't really know how to proceed...
  8. Explorer freezes when renaming/deleting folder: LanmanWorkstation

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer freezes when renaming/deleting folder: LanmanWorkstation: Hello, I have been having this issue for quite a long time (even when I was using Windows 8.1 before upgrading to 10). Basically, Explorer freezes for ~7s when I rename/delete/move a folder. It even shows "Explorer not responding" in the task manager after few seconds....
  9. Sometimes File Explorer Freezes When Renaming A Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes File Explorer Freezes When Renaming A Folder: Hello, I noticed on very rare occasions (only on one hard drive) that when I create a new folder, give it a name and press enter, File Explorer freezes for about 30-40 seconds until it creates that name for the folder. I've tried to rename that same exact folder right after...
  10. Creating or Renaming a Folder Causes Explorer To Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating or Renaming a Folder Causes Explorer To Crash: These are my issues: When I create a New Folder and try naming it, it freezes, then Explorer will restart. The folder will be made but if I try to rename it, it will do the same thing. When I try deleting that empty folder, the Moving to Recycle bin takes over 30 sec...