Windows 10: Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....

Discus and support Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE..... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; previous versions of windows. Can I ADD things like RENAME commands to the RIGHT CLICK? 88953 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, Jul 14, 2017.

1. jagman Win User

Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE.....

previous versions of windows. Can I ADD things like RENAME commands to the RIGHT CLICK?

:)

jagman, Jul 14, 2017
  2. koan1011 Win User

Windows 10 file explorer always scans a ts file on right click, why?

Thanks for this advice. Large .ts files have always been a pain to use in file explorer.

I transfer .ts files from my Humax STB via Ethernet using the Custom Firmware and web interface so don't have to touch File Explorer.

I then use the Cmd Prompt to rename the .ts file to a .TRP file, and can then view the file in file explorer without any problems.

As long as I avoid file explorer (also in program explorers) I have no issues. I can then read the .TRP file in VideoRedo without any issues.

So thanks again for this info, it was really bugging me.

Edit: Just to add that I created a very simple batch file that renames all .ts files to .TRP.

It can be ran from any directory or the desktop (if you know DOS commands) so there is no need to use the CMD prompt or enter the directory until the file or files have been renamed and are safe to view without causing the system to halt.

koan1011, Jul 14, 2017
  3. update issue

Ok.. remember to rename the firmware file

Open a cmd window (start run cmd) and run these two commands:

cd \program files\maemo\flasher-3.5

start .

An explorer window will pop up.. drag the os.bin file you just renamed INTO that window

DId you rename the firmware file you downloaded to "os"

Did you drag it into the explorer window that opened?

%m means it can't find "os.bin".. wrong filename or file not found

cpitchford, Jul 14, 2017
  4. jagman Win User

HOW do i delete a file that I have highlighted and right clicked and selected DELETE LIKE IN WIN 7? I CAN NOT FIND the DELETE COMMAND?

jagman, Jul 14, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Rename should be there, it is for me. What other commands are missing?

Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE..... [​IMG]

6. Bree New Member
    There is something not right with your system, all the commands should be there, like this...

Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE..... [​IMG]

Try running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt.

7. jagman Win User
    I discovered that latter, but, takes awhile for the 10,000 options at the top to be figured out.
    One can hit a cmd, menus disappear, never to be found again.
    That taskbar at the top looks like a 5 yo designed it. TALK ABOUT CLUTTER?
    Now that I have the RIGHT CLIK working with the cmd i was looking for, an AFRAID TO TOUCH the taskbar in case it all changes or disappears. I still liked the FAST, CLEAN Win 7 one.
    I HAVE NO ideas why it SUDDENLY appears after fighting the taskbar to get the correct options for several days that now looks, entirely different (has some of the cmd was looking for.

jagman, Jul 14, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Sounds like you've added too many shell extensions - context menu entries- and one or more is causing problems.

However, Rename and Delete are part of Windows. If they are missing, that suggests you'd need to do an in-place upgrade repair install. (which keeps all programs and data and most settings).

I don't know why your taskbar is cluttered- mine isn't. Perhaps you could post a screenshot?
    - maybe you have a lot of programs open- or you've pinned lots of things to it?
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon.

dalchina, Jul 14, 2017
  9. jagman Win User
    will do, check says "up to date"

And, have added no apps as this is "out of the new factory box". But have noticed, some posts, some see on my recent, out of the box Win 10? things on their Win 10 that do not look like mine. Why do command, where to find when drilling down to fix does not look at what

jagman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer is missing almost ALL FILE CMDS to: RENAME, DELETE..... - Similar Threads - Explorer missing almost

2. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  3. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  4. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  5. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  6. Renaming File in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming File in File Explorer: this is external USB drive when renamed Documents file after sync File explorer shows new name AsusDocuments210724 but when checked in command prompt it is still showing old name i'm puzzled. 183010
  7. File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Automatically Renamed all Subfolders: I was renaming some subfolders in File Explorer when all of a sudden, about 10 different folders were instantly renamed identically to one of the folders, though with a different number. There must be a shortcut key I accidentally pressed. How can I avoid this in the future?...
  8. ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALMOST ALL FILES ARE MISSING: Hi, Started my computer and noticed my desktop was almost blank, all loose files were gone but still the 2 folders I always have there where available. But when opening these folders I noticed only a few subfolders were left and each time with no files in them. I' ve...
  9. File explorer renamed to file explorer (1)

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer renamed to file explorer (1): File explorer renamed to file explorer (1) After the update it renamed to (1) I forgot the folder where it’s stored to erase the duplicate. 122564
  10. DOS CMDs - For and Forfiles to rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    DOS CMDs - For and Forfiles to rename files: I have just bought a Surface 4 Pro with k'brd. I find that one old program will no longer run correctly, so need to make a Batch file to replace it. Windows 10 screen capture produces files all with the same name, appending a serial number. Capture.exe produces a .bmp...