Windows 10: Explorer Keeps Restarting

Discus and support Explorer Keeps Restarting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I think I have some registry conflicts. The battery/audio systray icons are no longer appearing, and the screen keeps flickering which causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ponyexpress, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Explorer Keeps Restarting

I think I have some registry conflicts. The battery/audio systray icons are no longer appearing, and the screen keeps flickering which causes applications to hang. Sometimes programs will even switch on their own. Any advice on this?

This is really weird guys. If I use the browsers in full screen I don't have unresponsive issues. Though explorer still restarts periodically.

:)

ponyexpress, Jan 28, 2016
  2. bluebyu1 Win User

Windows explorer keeps restarting

says that theres no reports in the view

bluebyu1, Jan 28, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows Explorer keeps restarting repeatedly

Can you do the following:

Start > type view all then click on "View all problem reports Control panel"

Can you right-click on a few of the "Windows Explorer" "Stopped working" errors > View technical details

What are the details of the errors?

auggy, Jan 28, 2016
  4. Explorer Keeps Restarting

Programs lose focus, even switch on their own. The switching issue isn't to prominent if I use stuff in full-screen. Though they still tend to lose focus. Even edge if I use it will soft reset like explorer does. Hard resets are rare.

cant deal with thisn aymore this laptop is going to have hoel through the screen so screw it closing all my threads thanks for reading im installing windows 7 everytime i fix something here 10 more problems come up like if the explorer makes progreams lag you fix that oh now they crash fantastic

ponyexpress, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Explorer Keeps Restarting

1. Explorer Keeps Restarting - Similar Threads - Explorer Keeps Restarting

2. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  3. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  4. Explorer keeps restarting, problem is associated with KERNELBASE.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer keeps restarting, problem is associated with KERNELBASE.dll: So I checked event logs and was able to extract these errors correlated with each time explorer.exe restarted. I _blanked_ out the variables to leave the strings that are identical throughout nearly all errors over the last week and a half. I have updated all system drivers...
  5. Keep having to restart windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep having to restart windows explorer: Every once in a while some aspects of my laptop start lagging. When I use the volume/brightness buttons they change but it takes a while for the actual bar to show up on screen. If I try alt-tabbing or using the start or search features they take a while to respond. The only...
  6. Windows Explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer keeps restarting: I get this error: Application: explorer.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c00000fd, exception address 00007FFBFA0517B8 <Event...
  7. Internet explorer keeps restarting on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet explorer keeps restarting on its own: My internet explorer keeps restarting after I shut it down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-keeps-restarting-on-its-own/75760582-1679-4713-b68f-e21348b2359a"
  8. Explorer keeps restarting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps restarting itself: When I open certain folders, Windows Explorer just restarts itself. There is no "explorer has stopped working" message and the screen doesn't fade as if it's hanging. Sometimes, it just closes the explorer window instantly when opening a folder and reloads the taskbar,...
  9. File Explorer keeps crashing/restarting/flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer keeps crashing/restarting/flickering: I am having an incredibly frustrating set of problems that I believe started in the past two weeks or so. It's happening on two different computers but both are virtually identical: Windows 10, nVidia Quadro 4000m, Dell 5k monitors, and basically the same software installed...
  10. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer keeps restarting: Hay guys. I have windows 10. And i have a problem. I installed windows 10 several months ago on one partition of my hard drive. This partition was just intended for testing windows 10, and i had another partition with my usual windows and one more with another (backup)...