Windows 10: Explorer Navigation Bar Position

Discus and support Explorer Navigation Bar Position in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The vertical orientation of the Navigation Bar is new. Why, oh why, was it moved from orientated horizontally to vertical? Vertical orientation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FreakyLlama2551, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Explorer Navigation Bar Position

The vertical orientation of the Navigation Bar is new. Why, oh why, was it moved from orientated horizontally to vertical? Vertical orientation reduces the width of my home screen. I would like to be able to return the bar back to horizontal which might permit the ability to reduce the width of the Favorites Bar too.

:)

FreakyLlama2551, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

Bree, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Why Can't I see the navigation Pane in File Explorer?

Hi Jainam,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Explorer Navigation Bar Position

navigation tool bar

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What do you mean when you say Navigation Bar at the top?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to restore the settings to defaults.

1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Click on View->Options.

3. Click on Change folder and search options.

4. Click on View tab, and click on restore the settings to defaults.

Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Explorer Navigation Bar Position

1. Explorer Navigation Bar Position - Similar Threads - Explorer Navigation Bar

2. Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar: Hi,Quick question about Windows Explorere in Win10 / Win11:Is there a solution for hiding / showing:1. Windows Navigation Sidebar in Explorer2. Preview Windows in ExplorerI would apprechiate any help. Thank you and kind regards.EDIT: I just found out that Alt-P toogles the...
  3. Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar: Hi,Quick question about Windows Explorere in Win10 / Win11:Is there a solution for hiding / showing:1. Windows Navigation Sidebar in Explorer2. Preview Windows in ExplorerI would apprechiate any help. Thank you and kind regards.EDIT: I just found out that Alt-P toogles the...
  4. Shortcuts for Windows Explorer Preview and Navigation Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Make the Explorer navigation bar take the whole window

in Cortana
    Make the Explorer navigation bar take the whole window: Since the last update to Windows 10, the navigation bar where the breadcrumbs are displayed in Windows Explorer gets displaced by the "Search" box.This results in a very narrow navigation box on my small screens, and a search box that takes up 3/4 of the horizontal space...
  6. Position od navigation bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Position od navigation bar.: Hello everyone. I come to You all with one little(maybe not simple) question. Is any option to move the navigation bar,(You all know which I mean probably but this is the one which we are using to close and minimize our apps) to the left side instead of the right side? To be...
  7. file explorer darkmode error. scroll bar and navigation bar still white. and task bar on...

file explorer darkmode error. scroll bar and navigation bar still white. and task bar on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/instant_karma128 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpqh5y/file_explorer_darkmode_error_scroll_bar_and/
  8. Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Links/Files From Navigation Bar in File Explorer: A few days ago, my computer installed OneDrive for Business which I didn't need. In an effort to remove it, I ended up uninstalling OneDrive completely including my personal OneDrive and Microsoft Office for good measure. After installing it all back to my computer,...
  9. [Explorer] White line below the navigation bar

[Explorer] White line below the navigation bar: In my dell XPS 13 7390 4k, I am getting this white line below the navigation bar in file explorer when using the dark theme on build 18363.535. Does anyone have the same issue? https://imgur.com/LOHBY1i submitted by /u/bnayagrawal [link] [comments]...
  10. task bar position

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar position: how do I move my taskbar when it is unlocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-position/dcdacf71-3791-4dd5-b4ab-3ea6f5d95ffa