Windows 10: Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out

Discus and support Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I have an Explorer sidebar cluttered with broken things. I'll put this in list form so it's easiest to digest: 1) Installed Windows 10. All was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erglebergle, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out

So, I have an Explorer sidebar cluttered with broken things. I'll put this in list form so it's easiest to digest:

1) Installed Windows 10. All was well.
    2) Began using OneDrive.
    3) Re-directed Pictures folder to OneDrive (D:\OneDrive\Pictures).
    4) Decided to go back to university. University offers a free OneDrive Business account with 1TB of storage and free access to all the Office apps. Score! Saving 10 bucks a month!
    5) Migrated all of my files from personal account to University account.
    6) Logged out of personal OneDrive account.
    7) Personal OneDrive folder is stuck in the Explorer sidebar and points to the old OneDrive folder, which it keeps making even if I try to delete it.
    8) Tried to re-direct pictures folder to "D:\OneDrive - University\Pictures" and get an "Access Denied" message.

So, I'm stuck with a OneDrive folder in the sidebar I can't get rid of, and a Pictures folder that points to nothing and can't be changed. What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks!

:)

Erglebergle, Aug 5, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

How to automatically upload all picture folders for Onedrive Camera Upload?

There is no way to automatically upload pictures from all folders to OneDrive.

You can manually upload a folder but later there may be some pictures you move to the folder that are not uploaded.

Easiest way to manually upload a folder is with the 'file explorer' app.

File explorer, SD card, (if that is where your pictures are), pictures, tap the folder you want, ellipsis ..., select all, share, OneDrive

garym123, Aug 5, 2016
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

The situation seems to have changed slightly so i thought i would have one more shot at asking for help

Ignoring the odd irrelevant folder, the OneDrive folder now contains my three main folders: Documents, Pictures and Videos which is what i wanted.

- If I expand OneDrive in the File Explorer side panel then i see these three folders as I would expect

- if I look in D/users/myname/OneDrive I see these three folders as i would expect

- In the File Explorer side panel, the Pictures icon appears in all the places you would expect to see it. However, the problem is that, if i expand it, I get the three OneDrive folders: Documents, Pictures and Videos. (ie not just Pictures)

This means that the OneDrive folder is now being identified as the Pictures library and the Pictures folder is not being identified as the Pictures library

Is there any way i can transfer the Pictures library designation from the OneDrive folder back to the Pictures folder.

wallace99, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out

1. Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out - Similar Threads - Explorer OneDrive Pictures

2. File explorer Bugging out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer Bugging out: see the image i sent as attachment and tell me what is it??is it a bug??? have you seen this on your computer or is there virus on my computer??it happned to me today i havent seen such a thing on my computer before today...
  3. File explorer Bugging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer Bugging out: see the image i sent as attachment and tell me what is it??is it a bug??? have you seen this on your computer or is there virus on my computer??it happned to me today i havent seen such a thing on my computer before today...
  4. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  5. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  6. OneDrive Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Pictures Folder: How do I get rid of the OneDrive Pictures Folder that shows under This PC in File Explorer. I have unlinked OneDrive. I have no OneDrive Cloud Icon, I have no other OneDrive Folders that show up anywhere. OneDrive itself is not on my computer, yet the Picture Folder linked to...
  7. Pictures Folder and OneDrive

Pictures Folder and OneDrive: I have an account on my PC - when I linked OneDrive - it redirected the default pictures folder to the OneDrive folder - which I do not want. So I unlinked OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder on my desktop. Now all I want is my Pictures folder in my User Folder. Why is...
  8. [Bug] Windows Explorer randomly stop showing thumbnails of pictures in OneDrive synced folders!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug] Windows Explorer randomly stop showing thumbnails of pictures in OneDrive synced folders!: Configuration Lenovo Legion Y740, Intel core i7 9750H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.685) Issue I have my pictures folder synced to OneDrive. Every now n then, Windows explorer stops showing thumbnails in this folder and all sub-folders. This...
  9. In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...: In order for me to access my local pictures, I have to go to local disk > users > pictures. Why is that? Why can't my pictures folder under "this pc" be my local photos? Instead, it's the onedrive pictures....
  10. OneDrive and my pictures folder

OneDrive and my pictures folder: Hi group, I've been using OneDrive on my laptop and my desktop for many years. Recently I noticed that all my pictures are stored on OneDrive, but not my laptop. I don't recall changing anything except entering the Samsung Promo code on OneDrive. The Samsung promo code was...