Windows 10: Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder

Discus and support Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Do you happen to have installed Photoshop CC and use the Export As function? Photoshop CC 2015 Export As Desktop folder bug | Adobe Community I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ireliavent, Nov 6, 2015.

1. JBK
    jbk Win User

Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder

THANK YOU!!!!! This has been bugging me for longer than I can remember! Like several others I just registered to say thanks!!

2. kipjib Win User

Mate, I also registered just to say thank you! Very much appreciate it! *Biggrin

kipjib, May 5, 2017
  3. Pinto Win User
    Hi,

First, let me say BIG THANK YOU for the solution that worked amazingly, I'm also among the friends who created an account just to say thank you!

But my problem that the problem came back...any recommendations on how to resolve it once and for all?

Thanks,

Pinto, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder

1. Explorer opens a new window every time I double-click a folder - Similar Threads - Explorer opens window

2. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  3. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  4. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Double click on the folder is not opening it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Double click on the folder is not opening it: Folder on this location is not opening on double-click: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans What to do? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-folder-is-not-opening-it/aa21da0d-6dd6-4fa8-8573-baa846f4454a
  6. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  7. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...
  8. Unable to open folders when I double click.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open folders when I double click.: Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel at least. It's not the mouse since doube click on photos in the folders opens the photo up immediately. It also happens...
  9. [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Folders not opening with double click: Recently, an issue arised in which I can't open file folders with double click. The spinning wheel cursor shows up for a split second but nothing happens. I have to open context menu and choose Open to access the folder. I noticed I can't open folders within Chrome download...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...