Windows 10: Explorer opens by itself

Discus and support Explorer opens by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Always to the same place, the root of one of my network drives. When it happens I am using Chrome and reading something. Most likely the NY Times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Explorer opens by itself

Always to the same place, the root of one of my network drives.

When it happens I am using Chrome and reading something. Most likely the NY Times. Nothing is seemingly downloaded. There are no other user sessions besides my own.

The OS is Windows 10 Enterprise.

All that happens is the explorer window opens.

RON

:)

RonNewYork, Feb 15, 2018

2. Internet Explorer opens itself

Hello,

To isolate your concern, we'd like to recommend that you perform clean boot and check if the issue still persist. It is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Also, it helps eliminate software conflicts or an update
    or when you run a program in Windows. Check this article
    for more information.

Update us with the outcome.

Marvin Barc, Feb 15, 2018
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Internet Explorer opens itself

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for providing us the initial steps made to resolve the concern. To verify, were there any changes made on the PC/ browser prior to this? Does the issue only occur with Internet Explorer? It might be caused by add-ons being enabled, a possible virus infection,
    or we need to check the settings of the browser. But since your sister did a virus scan, and it found no problems, we're going to try other steps to solve this issue. Refer to the following methods:

METHOD 1: Turn off add-ons.

Add-ons are apps that Internet Explorer uses to interact with web content like videos and games. Toolbars and extensions are also types of add-ons. Some common add-ons are Adobe Flash, Quicktime, and Silverlight. See
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11 for detailed troubleshooting steps.

METHOD 2: Run the troubleshooter for Internet Explorer to repair software issues automatically.

First, download the troubleshooter to solve issues with Internet Explorer performance. If it still persists, you may try the
    troubleshooter to repair issues with security and privacy features in Internet Explorer. Check this
    article. After downloading the file, follow the on-screen instructions.

METHOD 3: Reset Internet Explorer settings.

Please be reminded that if you reset Internet Explorer settings, all of your favorites, bookmarks, history, and saved passwords will be deleted. To do so, check this
    link. This article will also be helpful to you, see
    Help for Internet Explorer.

Kindly get back to us with the result, so we could help you if you need further assistance.

Maria Fab, Feb 15, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Explorer opens by itself

Internet explorer or file explorer does it do it at set time?

Samuria, Feb 15, 2018
  5. Not sure. File Explorer. I don't use IE. I use Chrome, mostly.

RonNewYork, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer opens by itself

1. Explorer opens by itself - Similar Threads - Explorer opens itself

2. Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows Explorer. Whenever I open up Explorer and start to dive in by two or three folders deep, the program locks up, closes itself, and then my taskbar flashes once as if restarting itself. I have tried deleting files I thought might be the...
  3. Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows Explorer. Whenever I open up Explorer and start to dive in by two or three folders deep, the program locks up, closes itself, and then my taskbar flashes once as if restarting itself. I have tried deleting files I thought might be the...
  4. Windows Explorer automatically closing itself after opening folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer constantly opening "This PC" by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer constantly opening "This PC" by itself.: Computer working normallyalbeit slowly except repeated unexpected openings of File Explorer, interfering with work. Tried : malware , sfc , DISM scans , ending and restarting via Task Manager, system restore, etc. It seems to occur when mouse is inactive for a short length...
  6. Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly: This happened after i tried to install something by opening a patch exe file. The installment itself did not work because the patch file turned out can't be opened. I know shame of me for doing this but please do help. Other than this, nothing really happens, so i dont think...
  7. Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my file explorer opens by itself randomly: This happened after i tried to install something by opening a patch exe file. The installment itself did not work because the patch file turned out can't be opened. I know shame of me for doing this but please do help. Other than this, nothing really happens, so i dont...
  8. file explorer keeps opening itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    file explorer keeps opening itself: (This is a new PC with Windows 10 home, version 1803, OS build 17134.619. With an USB external drive is connected (as d:\ drive), file explorer keeps reporting problem (with the drive) and then opens the file explorer. This keeps going on and on by itself. Each time a...
  9. Cortana opens by itself ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana opens by itself ???: Win 10 Home ver 1803 build 17134.81 Lately when I sign in to my computer and leave it idle, Cortana will open by itself. Not immediately and I did not time it. It is in close proximity to my TV, and I usually have my TV turned on most of the time. No sure if this fact is...
  10. Explorer opening by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening by itself: This happened just now as I was reading an article via Chrome. I heard a sound on my speakers and then Explorer opened. It has done this many times recently. It opens but nothing happened. I've checked the Event Viewer but see nothing out of the ordinary. Is there something...