Windows 10: Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

Discus and support Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CVHorie, Feb 29, 2024.

1. CVHorie Win User

Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11, CfC24_02 etc. This folder is about 7 levels down in G: To navigate to that information store means remembering the location of the folder, going down 2 screens on the left pane to G:, then clicking through the various levels. What a faff!When opening the folder in the right pane, I want the left pane to open with the target fo

:)

CVHorie, Feb 29, 2024

2. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

Hello,

My name is Hanem, an independent advisor, and I'm here to help you.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue, and I will try my best to assist you.

Open file Explorer

now Navigate to the folder whose subfolders you want to see in the folder tree.

Click on the small arrow next to the folder name in the folder tree to collapse all the subfolders.

Press and hold the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard, and click on the arrow next to the folder name to expand the subfolders you want to see.

folder tree will show only the open subfolders.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

you can contact for if you still need help .

Hanem Nagi, Feb 29, 2024
  3. how to display entire tree in windows 10 file explorer folder pane WHEN THERE IS NO NUMBER KEYPAD

Hi Ali,

The navigation pane in File Explorer may not be set to show all folders and libraries that's why it doesn't show the entire tree when you expand it. It also possible that some files, folder, and drives may also be hidden that's why you're unable to see it
    when you expand a specific folder. To address this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click View from the Main Menu.
    3. Click Options > Change folder and search options.
    4. Click the View tab, then under Advanced settings list, tick or check the following items:
      • Files and Folders > Hidden files and folders
        • Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
      • Navigation pane
        • Expand to open folder
        • Show all folders
        • Show libraries
    5. Click Apply, then OK.
    6. Close and relaunch the File Explorer and see if the entire folder pane tree will show when you expand it.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the performing the steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

Why isn't there an option to show all files in the navigation pane with the folder tree?

Hey Greg, Thanks for your swift reply.

I know how to turn on the folder tree option, my question is, why hasn't Microsoft given us an option to also show files in the navigation tree, for example i want to have a list of folders open in the navigation pane and easily drag files between those folders,

similar to how some apps with explorer trees show files inside the folders which are expanded.

Darien McTackett, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

1. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder. - Similar Threads - Explorer show position

2. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.: My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11,...
  3. Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder: When I open a folder, the Folder pane reverts to showing the list of drives. But the folder might be 6 layers down.How can I force Win11 always to show the full folder tree in the panel, from the moment of rebooting?There is a cack handed way to do this by scrolling down to...
  4. Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wn11 explorer Always show folder tree when opening a folder: When I open a folder, the Folder pane reverts to showing the list of drives. But the folder might be 6 layers down.How can I force Win11 always to show the full folder tree in the panel, from the moment of rebooting?There is a cack handed way to do this by scrolling down to...
  5. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  6. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  7. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Folder Tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Tree: I did it again. While trying to unhook from onedrive, I ended up with a Music icon on a new D drive folder with folders under it where they don't belong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-tree/52e32790-a365-48cb-b079-99b63eae60fc
  9. How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?

How to make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder?: OS WIn10 Pro What I mean by, How do I make Explorer show the complete tree & go to the chosen folder is this: Assuming you have a shortcut of a folder and you double-click on it. Or if Explorer is already open and you double-click on a folder on the right pane the left pane...
  10. Windows Explorer Directory Tree pane updates very slowly.

Windows Explorer Directory Tree pane updates very slowly.: My main Windows 10 system updates the Directory Tree Pane in Windows Explorer very slowly if at all. As I organize my file content for my Plex server the renamed directories update about every 30 minutes. Think of it as a bell curve going from immediately to never. I'm...