Windows 10: Explorer stops working

Discus and support Explorer stops working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; sfc log file attached, looking for inputs. symptoms include but no limited to: -mouse over bug, toolbars changing in colour being greyed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hank, Nov 29, 2014.

1. hank Win User

Explorer stops working

sfc log file attached, looking for inputs.

symptoms include but no limited to:
    -mouse over bug, toolbars changing in colour being greyed or highlighted, but will not return
    -drives appear empty, until complete freeze
    -time/date simply disappear along with other random icons

this is a persistent issue, as the os seems well built, it allows me to easily restart and troubleshoot however inevitably the bug will return

sfc /verifyonly command used

:)

2. Louie Del Win User

Internet Explorer stops working

Hi Joel,

Internet Explorer that stopped working can be caused by time mismatch error, security zones or a software conflict. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you run the
    Internet Explorer Performance Troubleshooter tool. This will check your system for any performance issues. Follow the steps below:

• In the search bar, type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the left pane once the Troubleshooting window appears.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance.
    • Click on Advanced, then click on Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Let us know if your concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Nov 29, 2014
  3. MSN Explorer stops working

I dont know bout you but im having the same problen with msn premium (the butterfly). when i start the butterfly it gets me to the msn home page then shuts down(msn "has stopped working) this i belive has nothing to do with my pc(All in one lenovo 50)
    cause i have had a nwe hard drive put into it after the old one took a big poop on me.So i stall have a problem of (msn "has stopped working) going on. need help here too.

scootertramp, Nov 29, 2014
  4. usasma Win User

Explorer stops working

Please do the following:
    - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
    - expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
    - right click on Administrative Events
    - select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
    - save the file as Admin.evtx
    - zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
    - upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

Also, you might want to upload the reports that the BSOD forum asks for (even though you're not having BSOD's) as they can be handy when looking for problems. Here's a link to it: BSOD - Posting Instructions

usasma, Nov 29, 2014
  5. hank Win User
    ts for taking a look

admin.zip

6. usasma Win User
    Looks like explorer.exe crashes are caused by twinui.dll (a Windows dll file) due to a memory access error.
    At the same time that this error occurs, there's other warnings with the Diagnostic Tracking Service (Diagtrack-Listener)

I'd have to wonder if this is a problem with the service.
    Try turning it off to see if that helps.
    Instructions in several of the topics here: https://www.google.com/search?q=diag...x-a&channel=sb
    Some of the posts suggest that this may disable error reporting/reporting to Microsoft.

PS - please disregard all the panicked talk about keyloggers. This is a diagnostic tool that collects information - so it has the ability to do this, but there is no evidence that it actually does it.

usasma, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer stops working

1. Explorer stops working - Similar Threads - Explorer stops working

2. Windows Explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer stopped working: I was doing my assignement. Then, i got a couple of crash on the windows taskbar. I tried to open settings but i couldn't because my taskbar were get hang. I restarted my laptop, but the taskbar still hang. When i clicked the taskbar many times, windows trying to restart the...
  3. Windows Explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer stopped working: I was doing my assignement. Then, i got a couple of crash on the windows taskbar. I tried to open settings but i couldn't because my taskbar were get hang. I restarted my laptop, but the taskbar still hang. When i clicked the taskbar many times, windows trying to restart the...
  4. Windows Explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working: Hi, I have had a long standing issue that comes and goes without any reason. I would be grateful of any help or advise or if Microsoft can confirm they are fixing this issue. I use a lot of photos in my working life and seeing them as thumbnails is very important to me....
  6. windows explorer stops working sometimes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows explorer stops working sometimes?: quick windows explorer restart in task manager fixes it, but this is a frequent problem and is quite annoying, this is kinda new pc and had this since the start, my old pc never had such problems submitted by /u/Mat1kz [link] [comments]...
  7. File Explorer search box stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer search box stops working: Hi - we're having a problem with File explorer search bar, whereby users find that randomly it locks up and stops allowing input. Currently the fix is to get the user to go to task manager and restart explorer.exe process, which is cumbersome. I wonder if anyone else faced...
  8. file explorer has stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer has stopped working: file explorer has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-has-stopped-working/32d4c912-9faf-48ab-8b00-048d510f4777"
  9. File Explorer stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped working.: Hi, I upgraded to W10 on the 31st July and all well apart from intermittent stoppages in File Explorer. There have been 4 stoppages over this period and an identical one at boot up this morning. It is reported in Reliability Monitor although I have neither seen or...
  10. Windows Explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer stopped working: Recently discovered Windows Explorer stop working. Ran SFC /ScanNow result were some flies were repaired, which directed me to C:Window\Log\CBS\CBS.log, nothing found there. I have no idea what to do, it was only by accident I discovered it was not working, no error messages...