Explorer window not active for file selection

Discus and support Explorer window not active for file selection in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi. I have a videos folder. I am checking and deleting unwanted videos by opening each for few seconds and deleting ones I don't like. Problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seymoria, May 31, 2018.

1. seymoria Win User

Hi.

I have a videos folder. I am checking and deleting unwanted videos by opening each for few seconds and deleting ones I don't like.

Problem is that when I close the player and want to delete the video, the explorer window is no more active. So I have to click on the explorer to make it active each time and then press delete.

Few minutes back all was fine; whenever I closed the player, the explorer window was automatically active and I just pressed delete to delete the video.

I do remember opening mouse settings for something but don't remember changing any setting. Please advise how I can revert to my old setting.

Thanks for help.

See screenshots of both cases.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

seymoria, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Explorer window not active for file selection - Similar Threads - Explorer window active

1. Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look

in Windows 10 News
    Concept imagines redesigned Windows 10 File Explorer with new look: Microsoft is working on Windows 10 Redstone 5 update that will bring a dark theme to the File Explorer, along with some other refinements. File Explorer is getting an update later this year, but more or less it will look same. It’s likely that one day Microsoft will implement...
  2. Twitter PWA for Windows 10 gets improved Explore tab in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter PWA for Windows 10 gets improved Explore tab in latest update: Twitter recently released its PWA app for Windows 10 both on PCs. The Twitter PWA has received many new features since it was first made available in the Microsoft Store. Today the social networking company is releasing another new update for its Twitter PWA on Windows 10...
  3. Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686

in Windows 10 News
    Dark Theme in File Explorer is getting better with Windows 10 Build 17686: Dark themes have become popular these days, and the apps are also in process of adopting the new trend. Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system lets you enable the dark theme almost everywhere, and the rival Apple is also investing in dark themes for its products. The core...
  4. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?: Windows explorer is set by default to details view. I used a reg file to get it to change to list view but with mixed success. I want it to show list view across all folders. How do I do that? 111614
  5. no file on computer will open or launch from Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    no file on computer will open or launch from Windows 10 file explorer: i7 7700k, 32gb ram, intel m.2 sata , rx580, all bios, firmware and drivers fully updated. Windows 10 Pro 1803 fully updated All apps fully updated ------- I will start by saying that I have tried everything I can think of short of giving up and reinstalling the OS to fix...
  6. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer: BIG EDIT: Apparently, my I: drive doesn't show up either... drives C:, D: and I: are partitions of one of an SSD, the other are partitions of another hard disk. I'm now guessing that D: drive is the problem.. I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the...
  7. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left)

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left): I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the offline ISO and for some reason my C: drive (on which Windows is installed) does not show up in the Windows Explorer sidebar (on the left). Sadly, it doesn't even appear in 'Browse' dialogs in other programs....