Windows 10: Explorer window not active for file selection

Discus and support Explorer window not active for file selection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a videos folder. I am checking and deleting unwanted videos by opening each for few seconds and deleting ones I don't like. Problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seymoria, May 31, 2018.

1. seymoria Win User

Explorer window not active for file selection

Hi.

I have a videos folder. I am checking and deleting unwanted videos by opening each for few seconds and deleting ones I don't like.

Problem is that when I close the player and want to delete the video, the explorer window is no more active. So I have to click on the explorer to make it active each time and then press delete.

Few minutes back all was fine; whenever I closed the player, the explorer window was automatically active and I just pressed delete to delete the video.

I do remember opening mouse settings for something but don't remember changing any setting. Please advise how I can revert to my old setting.

Thanks for help.

See screenshots of both cases.

Explorer window not active for file selection [​IMG]

Explorer window not active for file selection [​IMG]

:)

seymoria, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Explorer window not active for file selection

1. Explorer window not active for file selection - Similar Threads - Explorer window active

2. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  3. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  4. Windows Explorer slow to select a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer slow to select a file: When selecting a file, in Windows Explorer, the blue donut, is displayed for about 7 seconds, before the file can be opened. See image below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-slow-to-select-a-file/334d8005-46a8-4670-94f3-850e3120178c
  5. Windows Explorer slow to select a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer slow to select a file: When selecting a file, in Windows Explorer, the blue donut, is displayed for about 7 seconds, before the file can be opened. See image below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-slow-to-select-a-file/334d8005-46a8-4670-94f3-850e3120178c
  6. Windows Explorer slow to select a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files: Tested on Lenovo and HP laptops: Windows 10 v1909 & v2004 File Explorers only very occasionally allow<select>+<Shift> to select contiguous files - a procedure which worked in previous OS versions and never officially withdrawn. Single and randomselects, work O.K.....
  8. Problem selecting multiple files in Windows explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem selecting multiple files in Windows explorer: I'm using a new laptop running on Windows 10 64-bit. Since installing Office 2019 I have been having a few problems. The first problem is that I cannot select multiple Office files in Windows explorer. If I try, explorer freezes for about 15 seconds and then reverts back to...
  9. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  10. Selecting a file crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting a file crashes File Explorer: I have a presentation to do tomorrow. Because I haven't paid for any Microsoft subscriptions, I've made my presentation using Google Slides. However, as a backup, I'm trying to save the file as a .pptx to have on a flashdrive should I not have access to the internet. Thing...