Windows 10: Explorer window not active for file selection

Discus and support Explorer window not active for file selection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have a videos folder. I am checking and deleting unwanted videos by opening each for few seconds and deleting ones I don't like. Problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seymoria, May 31, 2018.

1. seymoria Win User

Explorer window not active for file selection

Hi.

I have a videos folder. I am checking and deleting unwanted videos by opening each for few seconds and deleting ones I don't like.

Problem is that when I close the player and want to delete the video, the explorer window is no more active. So I have to click on the explorer to make it active each time and then press delete.

Few minutes back all was fine; whenever I closed the player, the explorer window was automatically active and I just pressed delete to delete the video.

I do remember opening mouse settings for something but don't remember changing any setting. Please advise how I can revert to my old setting.

Thanks for help.

See screenshots of both cases.

Explorer window not active for file selection [​IMG]

Explorer window not active for file selection [​IMG]

:)

seymoria, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Explorer window not active for file selection

1. Explorer window not active for file selection - Similar Threads - Explorer window active

2. Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?: Yes, I read the Tutorial and read it again several times. However, what I do not see is how to leave everything alone in a default details view, and select a directory, and its sub directory in Icon view to NOT sort. My wife has a directory that she is using for shortcuts,...
  3. File Explorer - Right Clicking Unselected File Clears Selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Right Clicking Unselected File Clears Selection: Not sure if this is an annoying bug that everyone knows about by now, but I'm hoping there's a setting or registry value I've overlooked. Here is how to reproduce and some loverly pictures. 1. Open File Explorer to a folder with multiple files and select one with left...
  4. How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I select multiple files in File Explorer for copy on a tablet?: I want to move pictures I have taken with my Windows 10 Tablet to an external usb. I can copy them one at a time, but I would like to be able to select several picture by hitting the ctrl key or the shift key, but when I bring up the on screen keyboard, that does not work. Is...
  5. Explorer windows always show size of selected files

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer windows always show size of selected files: Hello again... its me Margret...hehehe *cough* Anyway another dumb question, you know in the explorer window on the bottom left of the screen when you select files it shows the number of files and the total size, I nee tot he total size and number always showing it...
  6. File Explorer reads the contents of the selected item - How to avoid ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer reads the contents of the selected item - How to avoid ?: Hi, In File Explorer, when I select an item, be it a folder or a file, I see the hourglass appear twice and I think that File Explorer is reading the file or folder contents in order to determine which information it should display in the bar below the menu. I don't want...
  7. Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected: After the latest Creators Update, when I open a folder and select a file (Or select few or all files) the selected files are no longer highlighted like before. You can't see what file is selected. Even in "my computer" selecting a drive C: D: etc dose not highlight the...
  8. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...
  9. File Explorer Rename - name select delay interrupts edit

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Rename - name select delay interrupts edit: Hi, When renaming a file in File Explorer I am frequently, but not always, stymied by the system re-selecting the entire filename whilst I am in the midst of editing it. It occurs anytime from 1-2s after I start editing up to 10s or more. I typically am using the back arrow...
  10. The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    The length of the selection line in the Windows Explorer: Sorry for my English. If you can, please tell me the solution. In Windows Explorer, the selection line (list view) depends on the length of the file or folder. In Windows 10, the selection line does not depend on the length of the file or folder, it is always the same. Can I...