Windows 10: Explorer windows always show size of selected files

Discus and support Explorer windows always show size of selected files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello again... its me Margret...hehehe *cough* Anyway another dumb question, you know in the explorer window on the bottom left of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Explorer windows always show size of selected files

Hello again... its me Margret...hehehe

*cough*

Anyway another dumb question, you know in the explorer window on the bottom left of the screen when you select files it shows the number of files and the total size, I nee tot he total size and number always showing it seems when you select to many files you no longer get the size of them...

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Sep 27, 2016
  2. Pujeeth Win User

details of file selected at bottom of window

In windows 7 we could see the details of the file selected like the size, format, duration(for a video), date modified...... How can I make it appear in windows 10 file explorer? Now it shows only file size and number of files selected.

Pujeeth, Sep 27, 2016
  3. I can't see my photos, only icons. Windows 10

Have Cortana find file explorer options. On the View tab, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.

On any folder that contains images, click View (or Alt + v) then select the icon size you want.

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Explorer windows always show size of selected files

Once you select more than 99 files you lose the total size AFAIK , but you can right click on the selected files and goto Properties>General if you really need that information.

KB

Kbird, Sep 27, 2016
  5. Total commander can do it, anything else? I am trying to put 5GB of pictures on CDs...... uhg I wish I could auto sort by name into 600MB folders....

ZippyDSMlee, Sep 27, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    not Sure , I use an old version of Nero Express and it tells me how many MB's I have selected and if it will fit on the CD, if not I just select a few and remove them Or vica versa...add a few more.

Make sure the intended Player can play the Format you are burning ...or convert them to an audio CD if needed ( Nero will do that for you).

Most CD's should hold closer to 700MB though.

KB

Kbird, Sep 27, 2016
  7. Its for PC viewing, XP,ect should be less fussy god I recall UDF and other odd things for 98. Might have been XP as well, but XP and vista are the PC uses so they go to archive cds. I use img burn these days so its pretty easy, still need to double check but sorting them into the correct size is diving me bonkers.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Explorer windows always show size of selected files

1. Explorer windows always show size of selected files - Similar Threads - Explorer always show

2. Always Display File Sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Always Display File Sizes: I always use the details view when navigating through Windows folders. It displays a column dedicated to "size" but it's always empty. Is there a way to automatically display file and folder size at all times in Windows? The irony is that I currently navigate through Windows...
  3. File Explorer - File Size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - File Size: Hi. In the File Size column in File Explorer the size is displayed in kBs. When the list of files contains extreme size variations, there is a necessity to have wide column to get the millions of kBs displayed. Also, having the display automatically adjust itself to a...
  4. File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.

File explorer shows the same image for any file selected.: I open File explorer and with the preview pane enabled I see an image for the first usually a video file file I select. If I then navigate and select a different file I can still only see the image from the first file I selected. It appears to be with Windows media player...
  5. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size

Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size: Regarding this issue, valid more than a year from v1803 on, has now been proven to be corrected on v1903, Great! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-not-showing-correct/2f8b976b-4330-4fa7-b805-8b9d497fd7b6"
  7. Files in File Explorer are not selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  8. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  9. File Explorer way off in showing folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer way off in showing folder size: [img] File Explorer shows size as 2.11GB while alternate program TreeSize Free shows the true size of 128.9GB. 126798
  10. Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always "show more details" in explorer when > 15 files selected?: When you select files in windows explorer, there is a pane on the right hand side that will show details about the selected files. If you select more than 15 files, the details section automatically disappears and is replaced with a "show more details" link that must be...