Explorere Quick access automatic pins

Discus and support Explorere Quick access automatic pins in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Octopuss, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Octopuss Win User

Is there any way to prevent Quick access from automatically pinning new stuff to it without disabling it? I would like to add my own shortcuts there manually and leave it that way if possible.

:)

Octopuss, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Mohammed AliAli Win User

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 8, 2018
  3. KarenMullen Win User
    Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Aug 8, 2018
  4. jsacks Win User

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list.

Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option "pin to quick access" does nothing and there is no option in right click list to "pin to quick access" or even "pin to start" for a .lnk file.

jsacks, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorere Quick access automatic pins - Similar Threads - Explorere Quick access

2. emails are deleted automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    emails are deleted automatically: My emails are deleted automatically and are stored only for a few weeks not more. What can I do to keep my emails until I personally decide to delete them?...
  3. my lappy goes to aeroplane mode automatically and then mode goes off by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my lappy goes to aeroplane mode automatically and then mode goes off by itself: my lappy goes to aeroplane mode automatically and then mode goes off by itself. after that it goes on flickering from on to off by itself. and when it happens for 10-15 times, y pc restarts automatically....
  4. After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows Update, Personlized Settings Not Working - A Quick Fix That Worked for Me: On August 15, 2018 I shut down my computer with Windows update. When I turned on the this morning Windows completed the update. Then I got the infamous "Personalized Settings Not Recognized." I rebooted 3 times and got the same message. I log on with a Pin. After 3 times, I...
  5. Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network

Windows 10 Computer not accessing home network: One of the Windows 10 computers on my home network is not accessing other computers on the network even though I have checked no password required in advanced settings. Can anyone help me?...
  6. PIN NUMBERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PIN NUMBERS: Please advise me how to disable my PIN number so I can enter my computer without it. I use Windows 10. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/pin-numbers/898053ad-1947-4f52-9312-13bb5b23cbfe
  7. Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update: forced restart results in lost browser tabs in IE & Edge, is...: Last night, I returned to my desk after going out for a meal, woke my machine from sleep with the intention of continuing to work where I'd left off, only to find that Windows had forced a restart after installing an update. The consequence of this was that although Edge...
  8. How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?: My flash drive is entirely formatted with encrypted LUKS (done on a real Ubuntu 16.04 desktop). I want to mount it in my Ubuntu 16.04 VM running in HyperV on my new Windows 10 Pro laptop (i9, 32GB ram...). SO I need a way to take this USB drive offline (apparently not an...
  9. Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session

Automatically disconnecting a UNC Share when closing Windows session: Hi, Let's assume a PC accessing a UNC share (a NAS - \\MYNAS). The first time the NAS is accessed, the user must provide credentials for the share. OK. Now, I want this UNC share to be automatically disconnected when the user logs off, so that he has to reconnect when...
  10. Operating system has been crash after attempt too may bitlocker pin and we are not able to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Operating system has been crash after attempt too may bitlocker pin and we are not able to...: Operating system has been crash after attempt too may bitlocker pin and we are not able to access C: drive from Automatic Repair while giving command to disable TPM from Command Prompt...