Windows 10: Explorerinit phase of Boot sequences gets randomly prolonged

Discus and support Explorerinit phase of Boot sequences gets randomly prolonged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, So recently I got a Dell XPS 15 9550. I immediately re-formatted it and install everything from scratch. I'm also only using Local Account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jugermaut, Apr 19, 2016.

1. jugermaut Win User

Explorerinit phase of Boot sequences gets randomly prolonged

Hi there,

So recently I got a Dell XPS 15 9550. I immediately re-formatted it and install everything from scratch. I'm also only using Local Account for my laptop. Now weirdly, I've been experiencing several occasions where the Windows will get stuck at the Logon period (the one with my username) for as long as 30 seconds. I have no password btw. It happens randomly, every restart or cold boot.

I then installed the Windows Performance Toolkit to boottrace my Windows. Using the Windows Performance Recorder, I tried to record my laptop in 3 consecutive reboots. 2 reboots are actually only taking around 10-12 seconds. However, the 3rd reboot took around 40 ish seconds. When I looked at the trace, I found out that on the 3rd boot, the ExplorerInit phase took as long as 30 seconds. On the other 2 boots, it only took around 1.5-2 seconds.

Unfortunately I cannot upload the .etl files, as each measures 1.2 GB....... I can only post some of the screenshots.

The longest boot time

Explorerinit phase of Boot sequences gets randomly prolonged [​IMG]

One of the fast boot time

Analysis of the longest boot time, and I suspect these are the Processes that cause problems

Anyone can help me with this? Or further analyze this data and solve it? Thank you so much.

:)

jugermaut, Apr 19, 2016

2. boot sequence?

Lenovo PC running Windows 10. I need to change the boot order. How can I do that from within windows 10? Lenovo is NO HELP AT ALL.....

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

normahamby, Apr 19, 2016
  3. Error 0xc0000142

Hi I am having this problem. Recently my Windows 10 PC has started to randomly pop up the "cmd.exe - Application Error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." I ran the System File Checker and it
    indicates no problems.

I'm unclear as to how to identify the issue if I run a Clean Boot. How will this identify what is causing the problem?

Also, will my Windows PC retain my normal boot sequence the next time I shutdown and restart or does the clean

boot alter my normal boot sequence?

Thanks.

MichaelTontoni, Apr 19, 2016
  4. jugermaut Win User

Anyone? I really don't know how to solve this lol. If only the prolonged boot is consistent....

jugermaut, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Explorerinit phase of Boot sequences gets randomly prolonged - Similar Threads - Explorerinit phase Boot

2. Boot Sequence Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Sequence Problem: So i've been setting up the boot sequence every time giving Kali Linux Boot USB highest priority, but it always boots as Windows Boot Manager, not allowing the setup of the Linux to initiate. I have created the Boot USB by Rufus, and works but still booting The USB always...
  3. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  4. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  5. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Boot sequence hangs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot sequence hangs.: I shut down the PC in the evening using the menu option. When I start the PC next day the disk lamp lights up for some few second but then it hangs. I can see the boot screen but not any rotating dots. If i do a hard power down hold the power button wait some ten seconds...
  7. Modify boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modify boot sequence: Hello I have a problem with my Acer laptop,I want to reinstall my windows but I can t change my boot sequence because I have a BIOS password,I did not put the password I bought it from a store like this.When I got the laptop I could install it because it came blank with no...
  8. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  9. Prolonged update sequence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prolonged update sequence: My wife has W10 on her Sony Laptop. She gets updates followed by hours of just the 'dotted ring " flashing and its bumming her out. I think her laptop will start up eventually but there must be a way of avoiding this onerous situation . *Redface 72684
  10. Fresh install: prolonged sequence before boot. Help?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fresh install: prolonged sequence before boot. Help?: Hello, long time lurker (back to sevenforums) first time poster here. I built a computer back in October 2015 and initially ran Win 7. It ran and booted great. Specs (shown in Win 10): [img] Asus H97i Plus Motherboard MSI GTX 970 GPU. I recently clean...