Windows 10: Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

Discus and support Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 How to Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 AppLocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ainsley, Dec 13, 2017.

1. ainsley Win User

Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

How to: Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

How to Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and extensions that allow you to create rules to allow or deny apps from running based on unique identities of files and to specify which users or groups can run those apps.

packaged apps (aka: Microsoft Store apps), and packaged app installers.

AppLocker policies can only be configured on and applied to computers that are running on the supported versions and editions of the Windows operating system. You can configure AppLocker policies on any edition of Windows 10, but you can only manage (enforce) AppLocker on devices running Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.

You can export an AppLocker policy from a computer running any edition of Windows 10, and import the AppLocker Policy to any computer running Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Education.

Exporting and importing an AppLocker policy from a computer can be used as a way to backup an restore your AppLocker policy, or to apply it on another computer.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to export (backup) and import (restore) an AppLocker policy using an XML file in Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to use AppLocker.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Export an AppLocker Policy to XML file in Windows 10
    • Option Two: To Import an AppLocker Policy from XML file in Windows 10

OPTION ONE [/i] To Export AppLocker Policy to XML file in Windows 10
    1. Open Local Security Policy (secpol.msc).

2. Expand open Application Control Policies in the left pane of the Local Security Policy window, right click or press and hold on AppLocker, and click/tap on the Export Policy. (see screenshot below)

Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Navigate to where you where you want to save the AppLocker policy, type a file name you want for the XML file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

4. The AppLocker dialog box will notify you of how many rules were exported. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Import an AppLocker Policy from XML file in Windows 10

*Warning Importing an AppLocker policy will overwrite the existing policy on the computer.
    1. Open Local Security Policy (secpol.msc).

2. Expand open Application Control Policies in the left pane of the Local Security Policy window, right click or press and hold on AppLocker, and click/tap on the Import Policy. (see screenshot below)

3. Navigate to and select the AppLocker policy XML file you want exported using Option One, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm the import. (see screenshot below)

*Warning Importing an AppLocker policy will overwrite the existing policy on the computer.

5. The AppLocker dialog box will notify you of how many rules were overwritten and imported. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ainsley, Dec 13, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
  3. ahmd Win User
    How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

Dude, thanks for the info and sorry for my late reply. I've been bashing my head against it but I still can't make it work. I did everything like it says there but it still didn't do anything. It doesn't block anything. The only difference that I see in your tutorial is this line:

Like I said I have Pro.

4. topgundcp Win User

How to export rules from Win Firewall?

1. Action->export policy
    2. Action->Import Policy

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2019
  5. JiriOlsar Win User
    Start menu/ms-settings not working Windows 10

Yes I can see that, but I'm running Windows 10 Home edition.

To terminate AppLocker rule enforcement

• Backup the Group Policy Object (GPO) that contains the currently applied AppLocker rules.

• Delete all the AppLocker rules on that GPO. For steps how to do this, see the topics in

AppLocker Policy Procedures

• Push out the GPO that now contains the empty AppLocker policy to the affected client computers. For steps how to do this, see

Refresh an AppLocker Policy

• Disable the AppLocker service (appidsvc) on all the affected client computers. Optionally, you can restart the service. For steps how to do this, see

Configure the Application Identity Service
      . Alternatively, you can disable the AppLocker service using Group Policy instead of locally.

• Optionally, if you want to update the computers with another set of AppLocker rules (and the service has been enabled), you force a Group Policy update for the revised AppLocker policy. For steps how to do this, see

Refresh an AppLocker Policy

There is no Group policy object editor available here. Also
    AppIDSvc
    is stopped and can't be manually started. Error: "The operation could not be completed. The dependency service or group failed to start" due to fact, that AppLocker is not available in Home and Pro edition.

So why is it blocking the reinstallation, I don't know?

JiriOlsar, Oct 27, 2019
  6. JamshedMuhammad Khan, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Export Import AppLocker

2. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...: I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've created an AppLocker policy in the Local Security Policy editor on computer A and all the rules were working as expected, so I...
  3. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...: I'm working with two computers with the exact same hardware and version of Windows--for simplicity let's call them computer A and computer B. I've created an AppLocker policy in the Local Security Policy editor on computer A and all the rules were working as expected, so I...
  4. Why is AppLocker imported policy only executing some rules when imported on computer B when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error: I've used the Microsoft documentation example code to create a powershell script that takes a Microsoft Base WDAC policy and adds filepaths rules and policy options. This is great as I can store the small powershell script in source control and easily make changes & reproduce...
  6. WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error

WDAC powershell policy using import-climl for policy rules error: I've used the Microsoft documentation example code to create a powershell script that takes a Microsoft Base WDAC policy and adds filepaths rules and policy options. This is great as I can store the small powershell script in source control and easily make changes & reproduce...
  7. How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are going to apply the same Group Policy settings on multiple computers, you can use the Export and Import feature. In this article, […] This article How to Import or Export Group Policy settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule

Windows 10 Defender Firewall - Export / Import Individual Rule: The firewall rule configuration settings have become very complex and now go beyond the typical port / protocol / scope settings. They can include APPX packages and services. I now want to take a specific complex firewall rule and be able to apply it elsewhere. GUI is...
  9. Delete AppLocker Rule in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete AppLocker Rule in Windows 10: How to: Delete AppLocker Rule in Windows 10 How to Delete an AppLocker Rule in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and extensions that allow you to create rules to...
  10. Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10: How to: Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 How to Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and extensions that allow you to create rules to...