Windows 10: Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

Discus and support Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 How to Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 The People app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by james28909, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

How to: Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

How to Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

The People app included in Windows 10 puts all the ways you connect with all your friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances in one place, so its faster than ever to keep in touch.

You can use the People app to see all your contacts in one place, listed alphabetically. Contacts in the People app are also available to your Outlook.com account.

The Mail app uses the People app for Windows 10 to store contact information.

While you cannot directly export your contacts from the People app, you can export your contacts from Outlook.com to a CSV file and then import them back and/or import them into other email apps such as Gmail or Yahoo, or other versions of Outlook.

You can import contacts from various services, including Outlook, Exchange, Gmail, and iCloud.

See also: People app help | Microsoft support

This tutorial will show you how to export (backup) and import (restore) your contacts for the People app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Export Contacts from Outlook.com for People app to a CSV file
    • Option Two: Import Contacts to Outlook.com for People app from a CSV file

OPTION ONE [/i] Export Contacts from Outlook.com for People app to a CSV file
    1. Go to the Outlook.com People webpage, and sign in with your Outlook.com account if not already.

2. Click/tap on Manage on the toolbar, and click/tap on Export contacts. (see screenshot below)

Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Choose to export All contacts or only contacts from a specific folder in the Contacts from this folder drop menu for what you want, and click/tap on Export. (see screenshot below)

4. Navigate to where you want to export your contacts to as a .csv file, type a file name (ex: "contacts.csv") you want, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Import Contacts to Outlook.com for People app from a CSV file
    1. Go to the Outlook.com People webpage, and sign in with your Outlook.com account if not already.

2. Click/tap on Manage on the toolbar, and click/tap on Import contacts. (see screenshot below)

3. Perform the following actions: (see screenshots below)
    A) Click/tap on the Browse button.

B) Navigate to and select the CSV file from Option One, and then click/tap on Open.

C) Click/tap on Import.

3. Click/tap on Close when importing the CSV file to your Outlook.com has finished. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

james28909, Aug 2, 2017
  2. FredEEW Win User

Import contacts cvs file into Windows 10 people app

The suggested list of subjects were interesting, but I need to have one that is specific to Windows 10.

I'm running Outlook 2010 and I've exported the contacts list to a CVS file. At this point I try to follow the directions, but keep running into options in the people app that allow me to export but not to import. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

FredEEW, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Oct 27, 2019
  4. TJ7283 Win User

Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

Export contacts from People App

How do I export contacts from the People App or my Microsoft online account? Or is there any way to import the contact list to Outlook 16 ?

TJ7283, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Helmut Win User
    People App's Data File Location

Sign in to your MS Account the Webmail way.
    Top left is a square of dots > People >
    That will show a list of contacts. That is what is synced with the People App on your PC assuming you have it setup with that Account.
    In the bar below select
    Manage > Export Contacts > Export
    That will get you a Contacts.CSV file.

Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Helmut, Oct 27, 2019
  6. MacDr Win User
    People - How do you import contacts into People for Windows 10?

I successfully moved contacts yesterday from Windows Live Mail (WLM) 2012 on a Windows 7 PC, into the
    People app on a Windows 10 PC -- but there are a few hurdles.

When the People app refers to "Import contacts", it really means "add account" so that you can "import" contacts from sources like Outlook, Exchange, Gmail and iCloud. So the first step is to get your contacts INTO one of those services (since mine were
    just in Windows Live Mail locally), and I chose to use Outlook.com as the service.

First, I opened Windows Live Mail, clicked the Contacts folder, and then the
    Export button in the Ribbon. I chose Comma separated values (.CSV) as the format. In the subsequent field export list, I clicked to include most of the unchecked ones (First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Nickname, and others). There's no harm
    to adding all the fields you might find useful.

The People app included in Windows 10 has no Import feature, but the
    Outlook Web App "Outlook People" does. But even the OWA app has no feature to let you perform "field-mapping" of an import file. The best I could do was to log into Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft and manually add a contact, then from the "Manage"
    menu in Outlook People choose "Export contacts" as a Microsoft Outlook CSV. Opening this contacts.csv file in a text editor let me compare the
    first line -- the "header row" -- to the header row of the .CSV I had already exported from Windows Live Mail. The Outlook People app has many more fields, but they match the exact names of the WLM .CSV just fine, with one exception: you
    need to add a hyphen to the WLM .CSV file's "Email address" header name, so that it says "E-mail address" instead. Don't worry that the order of the fields in the two header rows are different; the import will match
    fields that have the same exact name, no matter the order.

After fixing "E-mail address", I could now go back to the OWA Outlook People,
    Manage --> Import contacts
    , and choose "Windows Live Mail". It worked.

Final step: in Windows 10 I needed to add the Microsoft account to the People app there. Once done, then all of the contacts just imported into OWA Outlook People now synchronize and populate the desktop app as well.

Far from easy, but doable.

MacDr, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10

1. Export and Import Contacts for People app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Export Import Contacts

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. Importing Google Contacts into People App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  5. Importing Google Contacts into People App

Importing Google Contacts into People App: How do I import my Google contacts into People without having to add the Google account.Can I import a csv into people??James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-google-contacts-into-people-app/e7da5b0d-7e44-4c48-9135-6f8c2dba2e29
  6. Exporting contacts (People) from Outlook.Live.Com

in Browsers and Email
    Exporting contacts (People) from Outlook.Live.Com: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. I need to export the contacts from People in Outlook.Live.Com to a CSV file and have found several "how to"s on the web. The mostly all say something like this. You can export your contacts from Outlook.com and then import them into other email...
  7. how to export windows 10 people contacts

how to export windows 10 people contacts: This is screwed up, people apple doesn't allow you to simply export contact info into a vcard or csv file to upload into another application. After playing around for hours, I found the solution: 1. open people and select a contact 2. in the contact details click share...
  8. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  9. Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People: I've sent my contacts from Outlook to a .csv file. I cannot find a way to import that file into Windows 10 People app. I've been searching and searching online, and the only instructions I've found is to link my Outlook to People, and even that doesn't work. When I've...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exporter contacts windows 10