Windows 10: Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system

Discus and support Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brink, this one is another issue that you may already have a solution for on hand. I "Think" I have done it like this before in windows? XP? Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by questorfla, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system

Brink, this one is another issue that you may already have a solution for on hand.

I "Think" I have done it like this before in windows? XP? Not recently for sure. This will be for Windows 10 X64.

I need a way to export a specific printer profile such that it can be imported into other office systems. The owners don't want everyone wasting a ton of color Ink on printing webpages. I have the two Office printers already setup on my systems using a profile where B&W is the default and I named the printers 'Front B&W' and 'Back B&W'. Everyone already has these same printers installed using the supplied drivers from the mfr. They are large Canon Office systems and the setup program has no optional choices during install other than "Run". Nor can i find anything in the Admin Panel on the printer itself. Color control is done at each User's system

Is there a way i can export the two named profiles i am using from my systems and let all the Users import it to add a Front and Back B&W Printer to their own systems? This is preferable to changing their only copy to B&W as they do need color occasionally and will end up wasting more ink and paper by wrongly printing in B&W when they need color.
    If they change the setup for the printer, they will not remember to change it back. Even worse, some of them will accidentally end up changing settings that i will get called to fix afterward. Having a color version and a B&W version is much safer and less problematic for everyone.

But I would rather not have to go to almost 100 systems to do this myself for each *Sad
    I should add This is not on a domain and i have no control over the office as a "group". There is no "print Server"

:)

questorfla, Jun 22, 2016
  2. JTFinME Win User

Windows Registry

Since Windows implemented the (Windows) Registry, has its format change between each version of Windows as it has been upgraded. The reason why I'm asking is that I'm running a computer using Windows XP Home and another that is using Windows 10 Home. Beyond
    write access to the Windows 10 registry, is it possible to export a key from my Windows XP Registry and import it into my Windows 10 Registry.

JTFinME, Jun 22, 2016
  3. phone

Is it possible to transfer contacts from a Lumia 640 to an Android phone?

Both phones have instructions for import, but none of them for export to another system.

ClausLarsenDK, Jun 22, 2016
  4. Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system

Not solved but not worth the trouble. MS has disabled most of the utilities to allow transfers from one system to another of any kind of profile PrintUI.exe can export things but the import part does work as it should.
    It was worth asking though *Sad

questorfla, Jun 23, 2016
  5. Try using the utility called "printbrmui.exe" (Must be ran as an Administrator. It will allow you to export printers from a workstation (one setup the way you want it to be). Then you can take this file and using the same utility, you can import the printers to the workstation(s). I believe you can do it remotely, but In my environment some of the Group Policies prevent us from doing it remotely. Anyway, give it a try. PRintbrmui.exe is part of the OS...so you don't have to download it.

play2mefish, Jun 23, 2016
  6. Wow. I must have missed class that day *Smile. I just tested that on a system that prints across the Net on port 9100 an d it STILL works! Thanks. I wail have to now try it on one of the real terminals. Is this the same part of Printui.exe that I thought I remembered from long ago or a new app? Thanks regardless. I can see other uses for this anyway.

questorfla, Jun 24, 2016
  7. I believe it is part of the Printui.exe that you are thinking about. If I remember correctly, the printui.exe works in conjunction with the rundll32.exe to do printer installs. It worked very well in the XP days. When I needed it to work with Windows 7 it didn't work so well. That is when I went cruising and found the printbrmui.exe, and it works very well.

play2mefish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system

1. Exporting a printer profile from registry to import to another system - Similar Threads - Exporting printer profile

2. How to make a bat file cmd that exports and imports WIFI profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a bat file cmd that exports and imports WIFI profiles: How to make a bat file cmd that exports and imports WIFI profiles to USB sticki want the following options1 export 1 spesific WIFI profile2 export all stored WIFI profiles3 import 1 specific WIFI profile4 Import all stored WIFI profiles5 ExitAnd i do not want to write the...
  3. How to make a bat file cmd that exports and imports WIFI profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make a bat file cmd that exports and imports WIFI profiles: How to make a bat file cmd that exports and imports WIFI profiles to USB sticki want the following options1 export 1 spesific WIFI profile2 export all stored WIFI profiles3 import 1 specific WIFI profile4 Import all stored WIFI profiles5 ExitAnd i do not want to write the...
  4. Exporting Registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Exporting Registry: When I export HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT with regedit it works, but whenI try to do it from a batch script with "reg export HKCR E:\RegistryBackup\Current\HKCR.reg /y" it fails. Why? Exporting the rest of the registry from the batch script works perfectly fine, just HKCR fails. Why?...
  5. problem exporting/importing registry keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem exporting/importing registry keys: I am using Repetier-Host for 3D printing. Configs are stored in the registry. Some configs are lines of code that contain CR, LF characters. These entries are made by the program. [ATTACH] If I look at the entry using Modify, copy the entry, save it to a txt file and look...
  6. Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Importing and Exporting Keys from MBAM and AD: Hello All, I have been working on getting bitlocker deployed across the entire organization I work at and we have been running into issues where the recovery keys aren't centralized. Some of the recovery keys are stored in AD and some of them are stored on the MBAM SQL...
  7. Export/Import Windows 10 user profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Export/Import Windows 10 user profiles: I am preparing 6 Surface pro 6s to use in my small business. I believe they all have Windows 10 home. I have 20 employees that will need access to each tablet. I need to create 20 user accounts on each tablet. Once a tablet has all the user accounts I want on it. Is there...
  8. Photos Import / Export

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Import / Export: I am trying to import photos from my laptop to my android using Microsoft Launcher - Windows10 , the import/export icons are gone and cannot be found anywhere ??? Any suggestions ?...
  9. Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows: How to: Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows How to Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use Registry Editor to add and edit registry keys and...
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...