Windows 10: Exporting emails from windows mail what format?

Discus and support Exporting emails from windows mail what format? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm exporting emails and folders from Windows Mail on an old desktop running Win Vista. I was given the choice of Windows Mail or Microsoft Exchange. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Exporting emails from windows mail what format?

I'm exporting emails and folders from Windows Mail on an old desktop running Win Vista. I was given the choice of Windows Mail or Microsoft Exchange. I used the Windows Mail format. I'm backing everything up because I'm probably going to buy a new desktop soon and I'm sure it will be running Win 10. Did I use the correct format or should I use Windows Exchange? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

Fred22, Sep 11, 2016

2. Import email accounts settings and emails from Windows Live Mail format into Mail Windows 10

I have been looking for the options to import email accounts settings and emails that I Exported from Windows Live Mail when I had Windows 7 into Mail app for Windows 10. I have not found the common File Menu that used to have an Import / Export options
    for this. Have these menus been left out in Mail for Windows 10 or what am I missing?

robertolito, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Ray96 Win User
    can Outlook 2002 import mail from Windows Mail?

I've been using Windows Mail to receive email for sometimes and now I want to use Outlook 2002 to receive email instead. I fail to use Outlook 2002 to import email from a designated folder where emails of Windows Mail has been exported to. Please advise
    what to do.

Ray96, Sep 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, coming from Windows Mail (which I did long ago) an easier transition might be to e.g. Thunderbird.
    I gave up on MS for email after their 'now you see it now you don't' email client policy moving from Outlook express to Win Mail to...er.. what in Win 8 - yes.. Thunderbird. Once there, transferring and backing up emails, mail rules etc etc is easy.

I recall using a 3rd party tool to help with the transfer, but that was some years ago..

Something like this..
    KLS Mail Backup - Freeware Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Firefox backup

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Can I import my saved contacts, folders etc. back into the email on Win 10 or Thunderbird and stay with Comcast? I don't want to change my email address...had it a very long time.

Fred22, Sep 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  7. Fred22 Win User
    Can I export my contacts and messages to Mailbird?

Fred22, Sep 12, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  9. Fred22 Win User
    How about the email app that comes with Win 10...can I set that up for Comcast and import my contacts and folders?

Fred22, Sep 12, 2016
  10. Fred22 Win User
    I clicked on your link (Mailbird) and it looks pretty complicated. Hope I can use the Win 10 email. BTW, do you know what this app is called?

Fred22, Sep 12, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Thunderbird is fairly straightforward and mature.
    I know nothing about the universal Mail app. Note that universal apps don't even use exe files, and you'd have to research ways to transfer your data. I'd try running Mail and setting up an account in it first, just to see if it's any use to you. It will be much less familiar to you than Thunderbird.

Here's Mail

Exporting emails from windows mail what format? [​IMG]

Here are some images of Thunderbird
    thunderbird - Google Search

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  12. Fred22 Win User
    Yes...I clicked on the Win 10 app and got the same image you posted. Think there's anyway to set it up? I can't see how.

Fred22, Sep 12, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  14. Fred22 Win User
    Sounds very complicated. If I'm able to do this, will I be able to activate my Comcast account and still have the same email address? I also noticed the statement below in your post. What is a good disk imaging program?

Your best friend should probably be a search engine or a disk imaging program.

Fred22, Sep 13, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    Really think you'd prefer Thunderbird.

Can't comment specifically about Comcast.. if you can get the details needed normally to configure a pop3 email account, then yes.

Disk imaging- good thing to ask about.. it can really help you when in trouble. Here's my standard blurb:
    Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your disks and partitions to a previous working state, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
    - a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
    - ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
    - user error
    - unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
    - unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It’s
    - more feature rich
    - more flexible
    - more reliable
    than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

To add to that I've been using Aomei Backupper and found some bugs, + poor and Chinglish error messages.
    Others have done a personal comparison; Paragon is not thought as good as rated in a review.
    A few like the little known Veeam Endpoint (free/commercial).

dalchina, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Exporting emails from windows mail what format? - Similar Threads - Exporting emails mail

2. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  3. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  4. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?: I have been using the Mail app in Windows 10 and have lots of important emails in the inbox. I was using IMAP. I'm now changing my whole system and want to move to Outlook Exchange mail as part of Office 365. How do I save all existing emails in Mail so I can import them...
  6. Export Data format changes on exporting from Bank web page.

Export Data format changes on exporting from Bank web page.: Export Data format changes to html instead of requested .csv or qif. This happened 6 months ago after Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-data-format-changes-on-exporting-from-bank/7272a85c-0939-4249-9df3-5a57e510e145
  7. Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app: I have to get e-mails stored localy on a computer exported so that i can innport them to Outlook on new computer. But the user only ever used the windows 10 mail app and pop e-mail. Any addvice? I have tried finding the file location with little luck. Found one path which...
  8. How do I export my email from Mail to Gmail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I export my email from Mail to Gmail?: So, I got locked out of my gmail account due to 2FA, then getting a new phone... I used Google Authenticator, so I lost all my keys from the old phone [which broke]. My Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app still is logged in. Is there a way for me to export my email address from...
  9. Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016: I recently went with Microsoft Office 365 and when trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 desktop client using Microsoft Exchange, an error message states there's no email program associated to perform the action and directs me to create an association...
  10. exporting emails

exporting emails: How to export emails from windows 10 to dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-emails/0aa5540f-d533-43da-8fae-b9d4a6042f93"