Windows 10: Exporting my OS customizations to another build...

Discus and support Exporting my OS customizations to another build... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running several win10 machines. I've spent quite a bit of time and effort customizing the UI, taskbar, shortcuts, etc., on them. I'd like to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamc3k, Jun 7, 2016.

1. iamc3k Win User

Exporting my OS customizations to another build...

I'm running several win10 machines. I've spent quite a bit of time and effort customizing the UI, taskbar, shortcuts, etc., on them. I'd like to take all my changes from one of my machines and apply those changes to all the rest. No, I haven't the foggiest idea about the myriad settings and whatnot which I've changed, I just like how that one machine looks and how the menus present themselves and how the settings work.

When Win10 installs, it has a default user configuration. I have changed it. Is that "delta" available somewhere?

Or, is there a configuration file somewhere which can be imported/exported, onto different machines (different user names, logins, files, folders, programs, etc.)?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Jun 7, 2016

2. Legality of Windows 10 Download Key

Does this site sell legal Windows activation keys?

Marketplace for Microsoft Software • r/microsoftsoftwareswap

In other words, could I be prosecuted for using that website to get a Windows key?

I am asking because I plan to custom build a desktop in the near future. I want Windows as my OS, so another one of my questions is, is it legal to migrate the OS from my laptop to the desktop? The laptop was bought and Windows 8 came with it, so the OS
    was not bought for commercial use.

Rice Farmer, Jun 7, 2016
  3. diver

custom pc, version 1709, os build 16299.125

hobiebrooks, Jun 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Exporting my OS customizations to another build... - Similar Threads - Exporting customizations another

2. TPM 2 on custom build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2 on custom build: I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't...
  3. Can I use Windows 7 on another custom build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use Windows 7 on another custom build?: Hi, I currently have a custom built pc which i plan to upgrade basically everything keeping the GPU, HDD and PSU, i have an OEM version of windows 7 although currently running windows 10 because of the free upgrade and I'm wondering whether i can use this windows 7 OS on...
  4. Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Created Video is not exporting in Photos App: Hi, I have created a customised video in Windows 10 Photos App's video editor section. After having created that video, whenever I am trying to export the video it is giving me an error for insufficient memory with an error code 0X8007000E , 2-3 hours after I have kept it...
  5. Installing OS for Customer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing OS for Customer: how do you install windows 10, log in and install some programs then make it where when the customer gets it, it goes to the new user screen and lets them create their own profile. basically i want to do a fresh install on an old PC, and be able to install steam and some...
  6. Can't move my OS to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move my OS to another drive: Trying to move Windows 10 from my 120GB SSD to a new 500 GB SSD, but I'm getting an error: Windows did not find any disk which it can use for recreating volumes present in backup. (0x80042414) Here's what I've tried so far: Following these instructions, I've created a...
  7. Os build 10586.14

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Os build 10586.14: Did anyone get a windows update today? I had one for windows defender and also one that changed the os build to 10586.14 a little bit ago. *Smile 31421
  8. BSOD on custom build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on custom build: Hello, Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me...
  9. OS Build: 15063.674

in Windows 10 Support
    OS Build: 15063.674: Hello everybody, I'm in a hospital. When I first arrived here, (more than a year ago), the hospital took my computer and copied some IP address into their computer. After 24 hours I was able to go online though my wifi using the IP address they gave me. I could go on...
  10. Cannot export custom start menu layout with build 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot export custom start menu layout with build 1703: Updated to latest version of Creator's Update (15063.250), when I try to export a custom start menu layout for use on other Windows 10 workstations I get an error. Under PowerShell (admin) I run: export-startlayout -path c:\teststart.xml I get the following in return:...