Windows 10: Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 file reader for windows

Discus and support Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 file reader for windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks If you have any Linux formatted HDD's (with Ext2/3/4) file system and you want to read directly from Windows - say external USB from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Nov 14, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 file reader for windows

Hi folks

If you have any Linux formatted HDD's (with Ext2/3/4) file system and you want to read directly from Windows - say external USB from another system and don't want to have to set up SAMBA and a Linux OS then this program handles it quite nicely.

BTW Macrium free backs up these partitions and restores perfectly too.

Ext2 File System Driver for Windows download | SourceForge.net

PLEASE though Test on a Windows VM first or Backup your Windows data before trying just in case you run into problems.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 14, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

SFC/DIS/update FAILURES

Data recovery.

The first link is freeware, the others are free to try before purchase. The last two are a slightly better product in my opinion.

PC Inspector

PC Inspector - kostenlose Software für die Datenrettung von CONVAR - Die Datenretter.

GetDataBack

Data Recovery Software Products - Choose the Right Data Recovery Product

Professional Data Recovery Software & File Undelete Tool for FAT, NTFS, exFAT Ext2 / Ext3 / Ext4 FS, UFS, HFS+ file systems

Restorer Ultimate Data Recovery for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2012/2016/8.1/10

It sounds like the old XP machine might have at least seen and read some of the Drive before it crashed or froze? It does, however, appear that the Drive is faulty.

Linney, Nov 14, 2016
  3. C4f4s0g0 Win User
    [MOVED]Bash on Ubuntu on Windows home folder location

But even the C drive isn't EXT4, and the home folder is there on the AppData folder.

C4f4s0g0, Nov 14, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

No need to test it. It'll work fine under Windows 10. Just run it as Admin.

Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 file reader for windows [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 file reader for windows - Similar Threads - Ext2 Ext3 Ext4

2. Reading an EXT4 formatted usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reading an EXT4 formatted usb: I have a EXT4 formatted from Kubuntu usb drive and Windows 11 fails to read it. Have read quite a few articles and attempted to install/use WSL2 to mount the usb, but no go.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎16/‎01/‎2023OS build 19045.2846Experience Windows...
  3. Unable to copy Mac originated files from EXT4 NAS to windows

Unable to copy Mac originated files from EXT4 NAS to windows: I have jpg 614kb image that came via a Mac. Drag and drop from Synology volume to anywhere on win10 or win11 causes error "file is no longer there"I asked over at Synology forum but have not got answer yet.Windows has no problem accessing the file, just cannot copy it.I can...
  4. Unable to copy Mac originated files from EXT4 NAS to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy Mac originated files from EXT4 NAS to windows: I have jpg 614kb image that came via a Mac. Drag and drop from Synology volume to anywhere on win10 or win11 causes error "file is no longer there"I asked over at Synology forum but have not got answer yet.Windows has no problem accessing the file, just cannot copy it.I can...
  5. Can Windows 10 see ext3?

Can Windows 10 see ext3?: I'm in the middle of restructuring my MoCA 2.0 network. For the sake of this post, I will only list partial list of my setup for two of the three rooms Room 1: ONT> (Coax) G1100 Router> (Ethernet LAN to LAN) RT-AC87U>Seagate Backup Plus External Hard Drive (USB 3.0) Room...
  6. Windows 10 EXT2/3/4 support - PROBLEMS

Windows 10 EXT2/3/4 support - PROBLEMS: Hi all, I work for a company that supplies mobile CCTV systems to the UK haulage industry. Our DVR recorders are Linux-based and require the 2.5" HDD to be formatted to EXT3 in order to record data. This of course poses an issue in connecting the same HDD to a Windows-based...
  7. How to read Ext4 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to read Ext4 in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ext4 or Extended Files System version 4 is the file system for Linux. If you have a Windows 10 + Linux dual boot or have a hard drive formatted it in Ext4, how do you read in Windows 10? While Linux [...] This post How to read Ext4 in Windows 10 is from...
  8. My External hdd is converted to ext3-ext4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My External hdd is converted to ext3-ext4: Hi hope this is the right place and someone can help. I had to convert my external hdd to ext3 ext4 in order to use with a zgemma box but I now want my hdd back to normal by formating it but my PC doesn't recognise it I done a long search on Google but no joy so I would...
  9. Windows backup application that supports EXT4?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows backup application that supports EXT4?: Hello My question isn't specific to Windows 10, but this forum has a lot of traction so I figured I could ask here. I run an automated backup job every day to copy files from my main drive to a second drive in the same computer. I got hit recently by ransomware, which...
  10. Windows 10 TO GO handles LINUX (EXT3/4) File system

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 TO GO handles LINUX (EXT3/4) File system: Hi there I'm sure I haven't added any extra software - but Windows 10 TO GO version seems to handle READ and WRITE to a LINUX EXT3/4 File system. I know Linux can handle Windows file systems but this is the first time where I've seen WINDOWS handling a LINUX file system...