Windows 10: Extended FAT (ExFat) and Windows 10

Discus and support Extended FAT (ExFat) and Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As ExFAT is mutch more faster than NTFS, why are we obliged to install windows 10 on NTFS instead of ExFAT partition ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cédric Eric YVON, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Extended FAT (ExFat) and Windows 10

As ExFAT is mutch more faster than NTFS, why are we obliged to install windows 10 on NTFS instead of ExFAT partition ?

:)

Cédric Eric YVON, Aug 1, 2018

2. usb 3.0 stick 128GB FAT 2GB/4GB???

• ExFAT
    • FAT

tell max zip file, max other non-archive file,... in these two...?

ok I will contact Apple...

Lse123polis, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Aug 1, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Extended FAT (ExFat) and Windows 10

exFat

All though my 1st thought was ExFat and how to get rid of that ex gf LMAO.

I knew it mean extended and since XP i've only used fat32 once with it witch was a total fail. There is programs that allow you to see Linux from XP visa versa.

NTFS has always worked best for me.

AsRock, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Extended FAT (ExFat) and Windows 10

1. Extended FAT (ExFat) and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Extended FAT ExFat

2. I found a null pointer access bug in fat, exfat and cdfs filesystem driver in windows kernel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a null pointer access bug in fat, exfat and cdfs filesystem driver in windows kernel: I have implemented a minifilter driver that attempts to deny access to the removable device volume content for the OS, until a specialized antivirus application scans the volume content. This causes a BSOD in:...
  3. I found a null pointer access bug in fat, exfat and cdfs filesystem driver in windows kernel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found a null pointer access bug in fat, exfat and cdfs filesystem driver in windows kernel: I have implemented a minifilter driver that attempts to deny access to the removable device volume content for the OS, until a specialized antivirus application scans the volume content. This causes a BSOD in:...
  4. I found a null pointer access bug in fat, exfat and cdfs filesystem driver in windows kernel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 - A big fat hen..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - A big fat hen..: Why Microsoft doesn't launch any operating system like Android or linux ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-a-big-fat-hen/0d169351-d6cb-4660-8b03-5474874a2597
  6. Windows 10 - A big fat hen..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - A big fat hen..: Why Microsoft doesn't launch any operating system like Android or linux ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-a-big-fat-hen/0d169351-d6cb-4660-8b03-5474874a2597
  7. Windows 10 - A big fat hen..

8. BSOD when using FAT or EXFAT USB drive

BSOD when using FAT or EXFAT USB drive: So I'm having this strange issue, I get a BSOD immediately when I insert a FAT or EXFAT USB drive, NTFS works fine. Even if I insert the USB drive when the laptop is powered off, when I power the laptop back on windows won't start and I get the same BSOD EXFAT_FILE_SYSTEM...
  9. How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to extend exFAT partition on hard drive.: I have an external hard drive with 120gb unallocated space on it, when I try to extend my main partition the option is greyed out. Is there any way to extend the partition to make it all one partition?[ATTACH]...
  10. Formating Micro SD card to FAT 32 from exFAT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formating Micro SD card to FAT 32 from exFAT: In Win 10 Used Run >"format /FS:FAT32 E:" to try and change the file system on a 64 GB mico SD card version 10 from exFAT to FAT32. It ran for about 15 minutes form 0 to 100% but format did not change?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exfat file system windows 10