Windows 10: Extended Monitor Black Screen after Windows 10 Update.

Discus and support Extended Monitor Black Screen after Windows 10 Update. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Extended monitor is black after Windows 10 update and my driver is already rolled back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CZENG, Jul 1, 2017.

1. CZENG Win User

Extended Monitor Black Screen after Windows 10 Update.

Hi,

Extended monitor is black after Windows 10 update and my driver is already rolled back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the NVIDIA website but that didn't solve the problem.

I'm unsure of what to do.
    Christopher.

:)

CZENG, Jul 1, 2017

2. Issues with the second monitor as it shows black screen

Original Title: Second Monitor Black Screen

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 with a 1920x1080 resolution monitor connected via HDMI. I recently connected a second monitor via VGA with an unknown resolution (Windows usually defaults it to 1024x768). After a bit of messing around I was able to get both monitors
    working via Extend Displays. However, I changed the resolution on the second monitor, leading to it going black. I tried changing the resolution back to how it was but nothing happened. The monitor itself is fine and when I change other settings (show only
    on 2, duplicate displays) the monitor works and displays everything fine. It only doesn't work when I extend the display. I have tried changing the display to different resolutions (higher and lower) and nothing happens (the main monitor works fine). I tried
    disconnecting everything but nothing works. Is there some sort of solution to my problem?

Update:

I restarted the computer and the first two screens (the manufacturer's logo and the first loading screen) appeared on both monitors, but after that the second one was black.

avanhandel, Jul 1, 2017
  3. rachel TT Win User
    laptop black screen after Windows 10 update

I got an automatic update of windows 10 today and straight after got a black screen on my laptop.

I can access the computer via an external monitor but no results in extended display mode from my main laptop monitor.

When trying to use the safe mode either via the windows recovery setting or 3 times hard reboot, cannot access safe mode. Screen stays black and cannot even see mouse cursor.

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 2.

Any ideas?

Thx

rachel TT, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Extended Monitor Black Screen after Windows 10 Update.

Does Settings > System > Display show both monitors?
    What happens when you click Identify and Detect?
    Is it set to the correct resolution?
    Verify you are actually in Extend mode, Windows Logo key *Start + P key and select Extend. Maybe even switch to PC Only then back to Extend.

alphanumeric, Jul 1, 2017
Thema:

Extended Monitor Black Screen after Windows 10 Update.

1. Extended Monitor Black Screen after Windows 10 Update. - Similar Threads - Extended Monitor Black

2. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to turn on the computer and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen turns black randomly, but always only for a few seconds. I can't play any video, nothing is visible. Is there any...
  3. Black screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after Windows 10 update: Hello! After updating Windows 10, my laptop is not working well. It takes forever to power up and often hangs at the login page for a few minutes. The screen goes black randomly, but always only for a few seconds it resolves on its own. I can't play any video. Is there any...
  4. Black screen after windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after windows 10 Update: Hi, my current version in windows 10 1607. I have been trying to update it for months. Every time I download the update, following update the pc automatically restarts but when its restarting I get a black screen. I have to manually reset the pc to get the pc to boot but when...
  5. Black screen after Windows 10 update

Black screen after Windows 10 update: Hello, I could really use some help. I upgraded my pc to Windows 10 and after a few times restarting it because of updates I got a black screen saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". After googling this...
  6. Black Screen After Updating Windows 10

Black Screen After Updating Windows 10: I hate when this happen, its not the first time i have to trouble with this, after last update of W10 My screen its turning Black sometimes and i need to reboot my PC to work in my jobs again. Any help its apreciated....
  7. extended monitor going black randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extended monitor going black randomly: Hello I have a problem that is very stressful for me. After Windows 10 update (before update log in screen wasn't blurred, now i have version 1903) my extended monitor (samsung C27F390) started to blink black screen. I have this problem only on my extended monitor. I...
  8. Black Screen after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an update. Sign in screen is OK but after signing in screen is black. I have pointer and desktop icons but screen is black. Help... 113168
  9. Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't extend display onto second monitor, black screen: I have two BENQ GL2250 monitors connected to my Lenovo H535s via VGA. On bootup the Lenovo logo displays on monitor #2, and not on monitor #1. Then my usual display comes up on monitor #1 and monitor #2 goes to sleep. Tried HDMI leads too and a combination of HDMI+VGA,...
  10. Windows 10 black screen after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen after update.: I was using my laptop last night and got off and decided to go to bed. At this point it was still working fine. When I woke up, it was installing an update and I decided to let it finish. After the update was complete, it went to a lack screen, which I thought was weird. So I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 extended display on laptop is black screen