Windows 10: Extermal monitors are disabled after logging in - Surface Pro 4 & Dock

Discus and support Extermal monitors are disabled after logging in - Surface Pro 4 & Dock in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, recently I've been plagued with a very strange issue regarding my external monitors that I cannot seem to resolve. I have the Surface Pro 4,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kuzimoto, Feb 25, 2018.

1. kuzimoto Win User

Extermal monitors are disabled after logging in - Surface Pro 4 & Dock

Hi all, recently I've been plagued with a very strange issue regarding my external monitors that I cannot seem to resolve. I have the Surface Pro 4, with the surface dock, and two external monitors. The issues coincide with upgrades to the monitors, going from 1080p Asus monitors, to 2560x1440 AOC (Q2577PWQ) monitors.

Problem:
    After waking the surface from sleep, a reboot, or cold boot, monitors are not functioning at all. I keep my surface closed when docked, so this requires opening it up, and doing troubleshooting from the surface. On looking in Display Settings, the external monitors are set as disabled!

2nd Problem:
    In addition to the above, I have mixed success in getting the external monitors to function properly again. I can sometimes enable 1 monitor, but then trying to enable the second one results in an error message directly above the "Multiple Displays" heading in Display Settings: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."

I'm starting to think perhaps there is a strange issue with these monitors and surfaces? I have tried a different docking station, as well as a different Surface and encounter the same issues. I have also tried installing the latest Intel HD 520 driver from Intel, which also has no luck. I really like these when they work but it seems that the problem is getting worse and It's hard getting even one screen to function normally now...

:)

kuzimoto, Feb 25, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 Docking issues

I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Surface Pro 4, two docking stations, two external monitors, keyboards and bluetooth mice.

Up until two weeks ago, everything worked great. (since December)

Then, (after an update) the Surface Pro 4 monitor does not go full screen. There is a wide black border and it has to be extended each time.

I put the Surface Pro 4 on the Pro 3 dock and same thing. (Yes, they are the identical dock, monitor and keyboard)

Surface Pro 3 works great on both docks so it is not the docks, monitors or cables.

This is getting frustrating.

JackRodenburg, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Vitaly Minko, Feb 25, 2018
Thema:

Extermal monitors are disabled after logging in - Surface Pro 4 & Dock

1. Extermal monitors are disabled after logging in - Surface Pro 4 & Dock - Similar Threads - Extermal monitors are

2. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  3. surface dock 2 flashing monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface dock 2 flashing monitor: Surface 5 using surface dock 2 monitor flashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-dock-2-flashing-monitor/69d19fd8-5298-4aad-a7d1-1fe99f006e33
  4. Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.: Is there a recent update that causes my display to turn black after logging in. I'm wondering if it has to do with it using the Windows Hello facial recognition. I have a Surface Pro 4....
  5. surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface dock not detecting 2nd monitor -: Ive tried installing Tools for surface, for dock, etc. Monitor was running fine, though still not detected by surface, then quit on me when I turned off overnight. Also, each time recovering from sleep, I get message Oops weve encountered an issue, have to restart, then it...
  6. disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish)

disable edge swipe on surface pro 1796 (surface pro 4-ish): Cannot even find out if I have a surface pro 3 or 4, only info is: BaseBoard Version Not Available System SKU Surface_Pro_1796 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro After intensive search on the internet I found three "solutions" to disabling...
  7. surface pro dock and chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro dock and chrome: no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-dock-and-chrome/037fb1d1-66c3-4ca9-ad78-a271fb2f8e9c
  8. Surface Pro 4 monitors in RDP

Surface Pro 4 monitors in RDP: I have a Surface Pro that I am running 4 additional monitors in local mode. When I log into a remote server using RDP, I either have to shut down one monitor or I can only see the server in the main screen. How can I access more that 3 additional monitors in RDP? Thanks...
  9. Surface Dock won't recognize monitors

Surface Dock won't recognize monitors: I just did the latest update and now my surface dock (used with a surface pro 4 - 16 RAM - 512 SSD) won't recognize the attached monitors... I can see one monitor at a time if I attach it directly to the surface pro, but I NEED both monitors for my work.. What happened? I...
  10. Connecting dual monitors to Surface Pro 4

Connecting dual monitors to Surface Pro 4: Are there any good tutorials out there on how to do this? Thanks, Nate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-dual-monitors-to-surface-pro-4/d0aea477-10ba-479f-8129-982da2d79ce1