Windows 10: External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

Discus and support External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Aug 12, 2018.

1. External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's?

:)

mikeincousa, Aug 12, 2018

2. External enclosure

Need some suggestions on an external enclosure. Getting it for my dad, so I need something reliable that is not going to break or have some part of it stop working after a while.

Been looking at this Thermaltake unit. Would like to keep it no more then ~$40. Would go with some of the Rosewill enclosures, but from reading the reviews the reliability shows in the price.

Need something with at least eSATA as he doesn't have a computer with USB 3.0 at all.

Thanks in advance.

mastrdrver, Aug 12, 2018
  3. bro67 Win User
    Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures

Find someone who has a computer with Windows 10 to test the device. We cannot contribute anything other then keep repeating the same troubleshooting steps over and over.

bro67, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Lt_JWS Win User

External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

[WTB]   P4 skt 478 with HT, External HDD enclosure

As the title suggest im looking for a cheap P4 with HT, would like a northwood core but a prescott would be fine. Also looking for an external 3.5" HDD enclosure with ethernet/USB *Toast :toast:

Lt_JWS, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

1. External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux - Similar Threads - External Bare Drivfe

2. A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?: Is there a way that wouldn t screw up dual boot? How about the drivers? i have USBC interface on both the laptop and ext SSD. And I want to install W10 on the SSD while having Fedora on the internal SSD. 180379
  3. Linux with w10 - alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linux with w10 - alternative methods?: Is this a fair summary of the possible ways to use Linux on a machine with w10 already installed ? w10p 1909 build (up-to-date), digital license, MS Account linked, single user. Option 1: With w10 shutdown use a Linux live bootable usb and operate the Linux system only from...
  4. Formatting Hard Drive in External Enclosure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting Hard Drive in External Enclosure: Hello All Wanted to format a Hard drive in external enclosure, and swap out a very old drive in Mom's Desktop machine, ((No room for SSD in that system unforuately, Older HP P6-2133W AMD A6-3620 Desktop) Anyways dummy me started the task on Secondary Gaming Laptop PC, so far...
  5. External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?

External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?: Hello All Not sure if the drive itself is having issues or if it's working by design, and the slow with Macirum backups on Laptop machine to the USB 3.0 Enclosure is working as normal, average is 3-5 hours for 1 full image of the month to go, then 2 Sundays after first of...
  6. External Enclosure Bad drive

External Enclosure Bad drive: Well decided to check out from my old AMD FX system, the 2tb storage drive in the Mass Cool Enclosure, HDTune shows entirely red It went thru that error scan the fastest i ever seen it do one lol, not sure if false positive or what, but just in case, transferring the data...
  7. Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures

Problems With UASPSTOR and External Enclosures: I have 3 external enclosures. 1 is a generic Element 3.0 non-UASP. 2 are UASP SYBA 25047 3.1 Gen 2 and ORICO 3.0 - don't know the model. I have 2 drives that I can switch into any of the enclosures. One is a Seagate 500GB HDD. The other is an ADATA SU800 SSD. I am at...
  8. External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux

External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  9. Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux Host on external SSD with W10 and W7 VM's on 8GB laptop: Hi there I've seen loads of posts almost flaming me for saying running a Windows VM with VMWARE workstation or player from a Linux HOST OS booted from an external SSD would have terrible performance. (I.e boot the Linux OS and from its VMware menu--> power on--> Windows...
  10. External Enclosure for Connecting Media including Firewire

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Enclosure for Connecting Media including Firewire: My old XP computer has a Trust media Connect Bay CR-3300 on the front panel. Would it be possible to remove this and install it in an external enclosure so that I could couple it up to my Windows 10 computer using USB. My main reason for wanting this is that the media card...