Windows 10: External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10

Discus and support External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello community! I recently switched from windows 7 to windows 10 (1803) and my Blu-ray drive stopped reading Blu-rays. I've tried it with several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel_943, Aug 13, 2018.

1. External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10

Hello community!

I recently switched from windows 7 to windows 10 (1803) and my Blu-ray drive stopped reading Blu-rays. I've tried it with several other PCs/laptops, it was always the same, it worked with windows 7 but not with windows 10. CDs and DVDs work on both systems fine.

I have the latest firmware (TS02) on it and Samsung doesn't provide any special software for windows 10 for that drive. My device was manufactured in December 2015, I read online that some people have that problem, other once don't.

I found a succession online to try a USB Y-cable to use the additional power from another USB but it didn't work.

Additionally I tried this recommendation but it didn't work for any of my PCs either:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-samsung-blu-ray-player-not-detected-by-windows/3b27544e-cc01-4330-bad4-a0834d3c7971?auth=1

Has someone any recommendation which other things I could try?

Thanks a lot, Daniel!

:)

Daniel_943, Aug 13, 2018
  2. LookSK Win User

Samsung SE-506CB External Slim Blu-ray Re-Writer not working on surface 3

I bought a Samsung SE-506CB External Slim Blu-ray Re-Writer. when connect to my surface 3 window 10, it only can read dvd but when insert a blu ray BD-R or BD-RE disk, the blu ray drive icon disappear from my computer. I check the firmware for blu ray is
    latest version TS02.

I connect it to my old hp note book window 7, it is working fine. So is it surface 3 window 10 cannot support external blu ray drive?

LookSK, Aug 13, 2018
  3. solara54 Win User
    Blu Ray Fix on Windows 10

Is there a fix to use a blu ray writer on Windows 10? Do I have go back to Windows 7 to have my Samsung blu ray writer to be recognized? I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks

solara54, Aug 13, 2018
  4. External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10

LG External Blu-ray Writer

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have an LE External Blu-ray Writer (BE14NU40) which functioned properly with Windows 7. The computer with Windows 10 does not detect the writer. Is there something I can do to use the writer with Windows
    10 to do I need to return to Windows 7?

DonaldWoodlan, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10

1. External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - External Blu ray

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. external blu-ray-usb2 or 3?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external blu-ray-usb2 or 3?: so, I'm looking to grab an external blu ray drive, question becomes, do I get a usb 2, or usb 3, drive? does the connectivity speed even matter here, considering most blu ray drives cant pump the data at speeds that need a usb 3 connection? second question...I have a budget...
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  6. Blu Ray Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray Software: My DVD/CD player/recorder is acting up so decided to get a new one for my pc. Price for an 'ordinary' one 48x DVD/CD Write/Re write etc etc is 17.99. But if I want a blu ray one its 79.99 cheapest. But when I read the reviews, that buyers are annoyed because they have to buy...
  7. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.: I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible media error, I tried a standard BD-R. - The ISO size was well within the capacity of the disks I was attempting to write them...
  8. How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?: Microsoft just announced the newest version of Windows. It's called Windows 10. Yes, there's no Windows 9 — Microsoft has decided to skip a digit in search of the perfect name. More importantly, Windows 10 will be a single operating system that finally spans all of...
  9. Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software: Does anyone know if ther3e is any Microsoft software that will run a Blu-ray disk? My computer will run regular DVD's but not the Blu-ray disks. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...
  10. blu ray problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    blu ray problem: Every time the latest build is installed my blu-ray (films) player stops working, I get an on screen message in cyber link saying my Graphics card is incompatible. After restoring build 16199 all is o/k again. Tried latest Drivers from AMD.I have tried BD addvisor everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung blu-ray writer SE-506CB not recognized

2. windows 10 samsyung SE-506 not recognized

3. se 506cb windows 10

4. bluray writer stopped working does not read,
  5. external blu ray writer not recognized after windows 10 1803 update,
  6. samsung blu ray writer not working after windows 1803 update