Windows 10: external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds

Discus and support external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have recently installed an external cd/dvd drive/burner on windows 10. I can get it to play cds but it will not burn. It keeps coming up with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fardaquake, Nov 28, 2015.

1. external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds

Hi I have recently installed an external cd/dvd drive/burner on windows 10. I can get it to play cds but it will not burn. It keeps coming up with this error msg when i try to burn- 'The disc wasn't burned successfully. Make sure that you have the latest firmware for you cd or dvd burner installed and then try again'.
    Any ideas?

:)

fardaquake, Nov 28, 2015

2. When I BURN DVD/CD they will play on my computer not on my MP3/CD players.This has started 2 weeks ago. I have windows 10.

I have used Windows Media Player, Any Video Converter, CD Burner XP and WinX Video to burn the DVD/CDs, I use VLC media player. When I BURN DVD/CD they will play on my computer they will not play on my MP3/CD players. This has started 2 weeks ago. I have
    windows 10. I burn more CDs then DVD. When I burn a CD I use wav or wma format. I have replaced the DVD/CD Opticsl Drive with no change. Could it be caused by windows 10 update?

GaryPalmgren, Nov 28, 2015
  3. unable to burn a song on the Windows player and Itunes in Windows 10

Hello, I would like to ask how can you burn a song from the Windows player and Itunes? The first time i burn it does not have a problem but when i play it to our little radio that has cd it wont play. When i burn another song again it wont burn anymore.
    I tried a lot of different cd's but the same problems. In Windows player it burn but when it comes to 60-70% it stops and error occured. Also, the Itunes it burns but after 10 seconds it says error and on the top it says cancelling the cd. In itunes it says
    "an unknown error ocurred 4450" and in windows it says "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest
    device driver." Please find me some solution i need this to work. I use a CD-R and has 700MB.

AlexisCanete, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds

1. external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds - Similar Threads - external drive burner

2. why did my cd drive stop burning cds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my cd drive stop burning cds?: CD drive won't burn a CD. tried media player and another softwarecyberlink power2go I can play a cdI have tried all the listed troubleshooting and hardware sees the drive and finds nothing wrong with itHP15 laptop product J9M23UA#ABA windows 10 with latest updatestried 2...
  3. why did my cd drive stop burning cds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did my cd drive stop burning cds?: CD drive won't burn a CD. tried media player and another softwarecyberlink power2go I can play a cdI have tried all the listed troubleshooting and hardware sees the drive and finds nothing wrong with itHP15 laptop product J9M23UA#ABA windows 10 with latest updatestried 2...
  4. windows wont burn cds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont burn cds: bought hp laptop brand new, and I bought cd drive to burn some files. windows won't format my cds, it detects the d drive but it just doesn't complete formatting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-burn-cds/b109abdd-7d82-4edb-880d-eb8307e94f2a
  5. windows wont burn cds

windows wont burn cds: bought hp laptop brand new, and I bought cd drive to burn some files. windows won't format my cds, it detects the d drive but it just doesn't complete formatting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-burn-cds/b109abdd-7d82-4edb-880d-eb8307e94f2a
  6. 5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.

5.25 optical drive wont display cd-rw's, but will play music cds.: I have Windows 10 Home. Windows version 20H2. I'm not sure if this is software related, but I have two questions. My 5.25" optical drive won't display my cd-rw's. It will play music cds and dvds fine. Also the other problem is probably minor. One Drive shows as being up to...
  7. External CD player/burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External CD player/burner: I have connected via USB a new CD burner. I can rip music, but it won't let me burn Connect a burner and restart the player. I've tried all of the suggestions, but it's not working....
  8. valoin external video/cd drive burner

valoin external video/cd drive burner: i need drive support for this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/valoin-external-videocd-drive-burner/d82bf516-20f2-4e37-b6d3-dcf70e0e88bc
  9. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  10. my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks: I was using my cd/dvd burner yesterday and it worked perfectly. I went to use the cd/dvd burner today and all it would do is act like it was only reading the disk and the disk is empty nothing is on it what can I do to solve this problem any help would be greatly appreciated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. external cd writer plays cds but wont write