Windows 10: External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

Discus and support External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi i have Seagate external HDD that only works when i unplug the usb cable and plug it in again. Every time i reboot the computer i have to go throught... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Avk_Rawr, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Avk_Rawr Win User

External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

hi i have Seagate external HDD that only works when i unplug the usb cable and plug it in again. Every time i reboot the computer i have to go throught the same process again , im worry if my hdd shake too much it will damage my hdd and it more Efficient , in my laptop it works fine but in PC i already try power management setting disable power save usb and uninstall universal serial bus controller in device manager but after 2 uninstall my mouse doesnt working so i restart manualy theres a way to fix this ?? THX

:)

Avk_Rawr, Mar 1, 2024

2. External drive not recognized

I have an external drive that is not being recognized. I have unplugged it and and plugged it back in and still not being recognized. I see it listed in device manager and it says it is working properly. In disk management it says Disk 1 Unknown not initialized.
    I have tried changing drive letters not able to do that. This happened when I disconnected an hdmi cable, The external drive stopped responded at that point so I unplugged it but when In plugged it back it is not being recognized. I can feel the disk spinning
    so it is working. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

stevemoss2, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 1, 2024
  4. twynog Win User

External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

1. External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to... - Similar Threads - External drive properly

2. External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...: hi i have Seagate external HDD that only works when i unplug the usb cable and plug it in again. Every time i reboot the computer i have to go throught the same process again , im worry if my hdd shake too much it will damage my hdd and it more Efficient , in my laptop it...
  3. External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive do not work properly, I have to unplug the usb cable and plug it in again to...: hi i have Seagate external HDD that only works when i unplug the usb cable and plug it in again. Every time i reboot the computer i have to go throught the same process again , im worry if my hdd shake too much it will damage my hdd and it more Efficient , in my laptop it...
  4. USB drives are not recognised if unplugged and then plugged back in again - Code 38

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drives are not recognised if unplugged and then plugged back in again - Code 38: Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this problem I have. It only started happening a few days ago. If I have usb drive and then plug it into my pc, then eject it, but then later on require the use of this again and plug it back into my PC it is then not...
  5. USB drives are not recognised if unplugged and then plugged back in again - Code 38

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drives are not recognised if unplugged and then plugged back in again - Code 38: Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this problem I have. It only started happening a few days ago. If I have usb drive and then plug it into my pc, then eject it, but then later on require the use of this again and plug it back into my PC it is then not...
  6. USB drives are not recognised if unplugged and then plugged back in again - Code 38

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. XB1 controller pairing lost in Win10 when plugging and unplugging USB cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XB1 controller pairing lost in Win10 when plugging and unplugging USB cable: After pairing my Xbox One Controller via Bluetooth in Windows 10, everything works fine. If I remain wireless, then it will always reconnect even after turning on my laptop or if I had previously turned off the controller. The problem occurs when the batteries dies in the...
  8. My USB plugs are not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My USB plugs are not working properly: I keep on connecting my webcam, wifi adapter and USB. It reads all 3 of them but after a couple of minutes they disconnect and stop working. I keep plugging it in and out and sometimes it connects for a couple seconds then it disappears. I have to restart my computer, it was...
  9. Network Cable shows as "Unplugged" when it is in fact, plugged in properly - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Cable shows as "Unplugged" when it is in fact, plugged in properly - Windows 10: So, I have a really strange problem, I am looking for thoughts. I have a system running Windows 10 Pro. It has run fine for years. A while back, I started getting an error that my network cable was unplugged. I checked the cable and it was plugged in normally. I replaced...
  10. "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..: Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC. Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections."...