Windows 10: External drive not detected by computer

Discus and support External drive not detected by computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; And by the way I am backing up data daily and have 2 antivirus software working together. One of them is Kaspersky. To prevent virus attacks that can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stan4795, Aug 17, 2016.

1. simrick Win User

External drive not detected by computer

I hope you don't have 2 active anti-virus programs running together, as they will tend to conflict, and cancel each other out, and leave you vulnerable. What are you running?

simrick, Aug 20, 2016
  2. stan4795 Win User

is it normal that people can't get 100% of files back.
    I got only about 70% back. The rest are just 0 kB and full size but damaged.

stan4795, Aug 21, 2016
  3. The amount of data recovered depends on the amount of disk corruption or the amount of data that was overwritten.

Very expensive forensic software can recover more data, but that's not an option for normal users.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External drive not detected by computer

1. External drive not detected by computer - Similar Threads - External drive detected

2. BD external drive not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BD external drive not detected.: External Asus Bluray Drive not detected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bd-external-drive-not-detected/0f54605c-c1a1-48ae-8f87-c0016d1e5eed
  3. BD external drive not detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BD external drive not detected.: External Asus Bluray Drive not detected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bd-external-drive-not-detected/0f54605c-c1a1-48ae-8f87-c0016d1e5eed
  4. External SSD Not Detected On Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD Not Detected On Computer: This morning I discovered that my external ssd drive is not showing up on file explorer. It shows up on the taskbar to be ejected, but that is all. I have tried it in other USB ports an another computer. It is nor recognized using dskmgmt.msc. I have tried restarting the...
  5. Toshiba external drive is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba external drive is not detected: Mi disco duro externo toshiba no es detectado en lo absoluto por mi pc cuando la conecto a mi computadora mi computadora no detecta nada, es como si no hubiera conectado nada, la prove en otros dispositivos y estos si la reconocen, alguien podría ayudarme...
  6. Toshiba external drive is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba external drive is not detected: Mi disco duro externo toshiba no es detectado en lo absoluto por mi pc cuando la conecto a mi computadora mi computadora no detecta nada, es como si no hubiera conectado nada, la prove en otros dispositivos y estos si la reconocen, alguien podría ayudarme...
  7. Computer not detecting external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not detecting external speakers: Hello, this is kind of urgent, but I have a pair of Altec Lansing XT1 speakers that suddenly stopped working today. I put my PC to sleep for about 2 hours before waking it up to suddenly find my speakers not producing any playback. I tried to left click the speaker icon that...
  8. detecting external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    detecting external drives: Windows does not detect any of my external hard drives ADATA, WD Elements and Toshiba https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/detecting-external-drives/e186d6f7-ed91-414b-a346-0c98e671f6a4
  9. External Drive No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Drive No Longer Detected: Need some help on this one. First the essentials: Home-built PC running Windows 10 (no issues since built 1 year ago) 2TB SSD for OS 4 Tb Internal SATA HD Radeon RX 570 GPU Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core CPU 10 Tb SeaGate Expansion External HD The issue: a few days ago the...
  10. USB external drive detection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB external drive detection: My Lenovo Yoga does not detect an external cd/dvd drive plugged into the usb port. How do I make it search for the device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-external-drive-detection/4dd6bbfd-99da-47cd-8a89-a2a521d6ac12