Windows 10: External drive

Discus and support External drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My WD my book model wd1000h1u-00 will not show up in my PC on windows 10. It was fine in windows 8. I can see it in devices and printers and device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeShades, Aug 7, 2015.

1. JoeShades Win User

External drive

My WD my book model wd1000h1u-00 will not show up in my PC on windows 10. It was fine in windows 8. I can see it in devices and printers and device manager but not disk management. When i click troubleshoot in devices and printers i get a message saying not compatible with USB 3.0 but it is plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Any help is appreciated. As always Microsoft tech help is worthless

:)

JoeShades, Aug 7, 2015
  2. nancy3243 Win User

Purchased external drive to paste folder from my laptop to the external drive. How can I delete a folder from the external drive?

Purchased external drive to paste folder from my laptop to the external drive. How can I delete a folder from the external drive?

nancy3243, Aug 7, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    auggy, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Chuck38 Win User

External drive

Hi Joe,

Do other USB devices work? Such as thumb drives?

Chuck38, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    Make sure that it shows up in your bias as a bootable drive.

Gary, Aug 7, 2015
  6. JoeShades Win User
    I have 3 other USB drives all work fine. Will check the BIOS later but all other drives and USB devices work fine and this drive worked fine last week in windows 8. It also shows up in CrystalDiskInfo just not MY PC

JoeShades, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External drive

1. External drive - Similar Threads - External drive

2. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  3. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  4. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  5. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  6. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  8. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop: 304-561-4654 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-external-hard-drive-on-my-lenovo/eb0902c8-39ef-4f7e-89d9-5cfece6bddc3
  9. how to access my external hard drive on my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can't safely eject external hard drive problem on Windows 11 fix!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't safely eject external hard drive problem on Windows 11 fix!!!: I've had this problem ever since I bought I got my new Windows 11 laptop and finally I found a fix and I think I found the reason.The Fix :-1- Close all windows using the external drive2- Close all file explorer windows that are open because they will all be closed by the end...