Windows 10: External Graphics Card Via USB-C?

Discus and support External Graphics Card Via USB-C? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I’m wondering if it’s possbile to connect an external graphics card (eGPU) to my laptop via USB-C. I know that the golden standard for eGPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ethan Z., Jul 16, 2018.

1. Ethan Z. Win User

External Graphics Card Via USB-C?

Hi, I’m wondering if it’s possbile to connect an external graphics card (eGPU) to my laptop via USB-C. I know that the golden standard for eGPU connections is Thunderbolt 3, but my laptop does not support Thunderbolt 3 connection. However, since Thunderbolt 3 is connected over USB-C, I do have a USB-C port on my laptop that doesnt support Thunderbolt 3, but does support USB 3.1 Gen 1 speeds over USB-C. So is it possible to run an eGPU over USB-C (3.1 Gen 1)?

:)

Ethan Z., Jul 16, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2018
  4. External Graphics Card Via USB-C?

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

External Graphics Card Via USB-C?

1. External Graphics Card Via USB-C? - Similar Threads - External Graphics Card

2. External Screens on USB-C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Screens on USB-C: Hi,I have a HP 830 G8 notebook, at my home-office I use a Sounix USB-C HDMI splitter, system recognizes the screens but I have no visual on both HPE232 screens. They do flicker on and off sometimes. The splitter is also externally powered.If I use a HP HDMI splitter and...
  3. External Screens on USB-C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Screens on USB-C: Hi,I have a HP 830 G8 notebook, at my home-office I use a Sounix USB-C HDMI splitter, system recognizes the screens but I have no visual on both HPE232 screens. They do flicker on and off sometimes. The splitter is also externally powered.If I use a HP HDMI splitter and...
  4. Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c: I have 5481 and monitor samsung c34h890. Laptop has usb type-c with power delivery and display portsame as 5471. - Windows 10, latest updates. - Updated all firmware bios, chipset, etc - Disabled power options in usb settings - Reinstalled usb drivers 100 times -...
  5. RFID reader via USB-C

RFID reader via USB-C: I have ChinaReader rfid reader which detects the card and bleeps when it does but does not pass the information through to the website have tried various browsers that needs the info. I have tried connecting via the hub supplied with the Huawei laptop and with a converter; no...
  6. External DVI-I Monitor via USB-C Adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External DVI-I Monitor via USB-C Adapter stopped working: Hey all, thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me in troubleshooting this issue. I've got a Dell XPS 9560, with an old Yamakasi 301 Sparta IPS panel, connected via a powered USB-C to DisplayPort, and DisplayPort to DVI-I adapter chain. Many different adapter...
  7. External DVI-I Monitor via USB-C Adapter stopped working

External DVI-I Monitor via USB-C Adapter stopped working: Hey all, thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me in troubleshooting this issue. I've got a Dell XPS 9560, with an old Yamakasi 301 Sparta IPS panel, connected via a powered USB-C to DisplayPort, and DisplayPort to DVI-I adapter chain. Many different adapter...
  8. Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c

Vostro 5481 can not connect to external display via usb type-c: I have 5481 and monitor samsung c34h890. Laptop has usb type-c with power delivery and display port(same as 5471). - Windows 10, latest updates. - Updated all firmware (bios, chipset, etc) - Disabled power options in usb settings - Reinstalled usb drivers 100 times -...
  9. usb monitors using graphics card

usb monitors using graphics card: So i plan to put a gaming rig into a custom made small case and stuff and then attach a display that folds to become like a laptop like thing and i want to hook up the graphics card (GTX 1660 Ti) to my usb monitor im using instead of just using its own external card or...
  10. Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.: Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now. I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I...