Windows 10: External hard drives saying local disk

Discus and support External hard drives saying local disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I brought a 4 bay external harddrive enclosure and have it hooked up to my laptop ( I will get a computer one day) The issue I have is this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boostinu13, Apr 30, 2016.

1. External hard drives saying local disk

Hello.
    I brought a 4 bay external harddrive enclosure and have it hooked up to my laptop ( I will get a computer one day)
    The issue I have is this.
    Bay 2 3 and 4 no issues. I have 5 external harddrives.
    2 x 2tb
    2 x 1 tb a
    nd 1x 4tb
    4 of these drives I wish to keep in the enclosure and 1 as a spare. (the 1 tb one).

The issue is this and sorry if this doesnt make sense. I have tried 3 of my harddrive lets name them A B C.
    If I place hdd A or B into bay 1 it shows up as Local Disk and you click on it and nothing happens and then the comp makes the sound as if i had pulled the usb out.

If I plave A and B into the other bay no problem they work fine.

If I place a different hdd into Bay 1 for example hdd C or the spare then it shows up no problem.

Is there anything I can do as I would love for hdd A and B to work as one of them is the 2tb one.
    Thank you

EDIT - Now when I put hdd A in Bay 1 it wont even appear. hdd B still just says local disk
    If i try to open it, it sometimes says not accessible the paramter is incorrect

:)

boostinu13, Apr 30, 2016

2. problem show local disk on my computer from last localdisk connect and dont remove

when i connect my hdd external i must go to disk management and click change my drive letter and add drive letter and then my laptop open my hdd external. and after remove and eject my hard external still that local disk in my laptop show and don't clean
    from my this pc.

when I click on this local disk I see error "location is not availabale" and I don't know how can remove this local disk from this pc after eject my h.d.d external.

I convert my laptop h.d.d to external h.d.d and there are two drive in my external h.d.d

حمیدصلواتی, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Media Player - Changed Music Location - Album Icons Do Not Display

Hi Paul,

It seems that the copied files are corrupted or were not copied properly. For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• Just to verify, where did you copy the file that you saved in the new external hard drive? Are you saying that the music files were in the local disk drive initially and just transferred it to the new external disk drive?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the files?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

External hard drives saying local disk

Hi, you might find something from these I've collected from the forum on external drives:
    Hi, there are several threads on external drives not being recognised. Feel free to search the forum.

The last posts on this solved it for one person:
    Windows 10 can't find external USB 3.0 drives... - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

No solution here, but do post a screenshot of disk management as per this thread
    External Hard Drive Issue. - Windows 10 Forums

This one refers to Western Digital drives
    Solved USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

There are suggestions of assigning a drive letter
    External Hard Drive not showing up - Windows 10 Forums

This one discusses permission issues, and suddenly resolved itself - code 43
    Solved External hard drive not visible - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Please feel free to search the forum using the search box above e.g.
    external drive not recognised
    usb drive not recognised
    etc

dalchina, Apr 30, 2016
Thema:

External hard drives saying local disk

1. External hard drives saying local disk - Similar Threads - External hard drives

2. Windows 10 recognises my external Hard Drive as a Local Disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 recognises my external Hard Drive as a Local Disk.: I've been having an issue the past few weeks where windows will pick up my external 2TB Seagate HDD as a Local Disk rather than a removable drive. All the files seem to still be accessible and none appear to be corrupted but its causing a few small and very annoying problems....
  3. Windows 10 recognises my external Hard Drive as a Local Disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 recognises my external Hard Drive as a Local Disk.: I've been having an issue the past few weeks where windows will pick up my external 2TB Seagate HDD as a Local Disk rather than a removable drive. All the files seem to still be accessible and none appear to be corrupted but its causing a few small and very annoying problems....
  4. Windows 10 recognises my external Hard Drive as a Local Disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External Hardisk or external Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible

External Hardisk or external Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible: i hope someone can help my problem i have try to change letter but nothing change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hardisk-or-external-hard-drive-turned-to/e394703e-e313-471d-841f-fa8977cb6884
  6. External hard drive showing as Local Disk G: and cannot access to drive

External hard drive showing as Local Disk G: and cannot access to drive: Hi, after I transferred files to my 4tb Wd elements drive it fails to play them and then turn to Local drive.Now it shows as Local Drive and I cannot access it by aything.I tried disk managenent and device manager to unistall it it freezes.I tried chkdsk /f /r and it says...
  7. External Hard Drive Only Reads as "Local Disk"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Only Reads as "Local Disk": Hello, I was able to fix one of my hard drives with a simple step, hopefully, I can fix another! I have a WD Easystore HDD that has a lot of good graphic design material I can't lose. However, when I plug it in, the File Folder freezes up, and Disk Management hasn't loaded...
  8. External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible: Hi, My 4TB External Hard Drive was working well while I transfer files, sorry for my language ı am not native, And I wanted to change the speed because it was low as 35mb/ps and ı read that under policies segment there is another option for "better performance". And After I...
  9. External Hard drive disk

External Hard drive disk: Shown as access denied. Location unavailable[IMG] Cannot open my Seagate external HARD drive disk of 1.5TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-disk/d12073f2-eb0d-4add-bfb1-2f9e4cff21de
  10. External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive

External hard drive is showing up as local disk drive: For some reason it changed from USB Drive to Local Disk. Now i cant use a Label Name (like MyDrive). I try to change the drive Letter and still nothing happen. When i plug the USB Driver to an other computer i see it again as a local driver. If i go to Properties -> Label...