Windows 10: External HD Error Mess: "drive or network connection ...unavailable

Discus and support External HD Error Mess: "drive or network connection ...unavailable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Several external HD connected via USB 2.0/3.0. The message "The drive or network connection that the shortcut "...." drive (R) refers to is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Georgz, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Georgz Win User

External HD Error Mess: "drive or network connection ...unavailable

Several external HD connected via USB 2.0/3.0. The message "The drive or network connection that the shortcut "...." drive (R) refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and try again."

The drive that shows the message is also absent from "This PC." If I restart it comes back. Then the same drive or another repeats the error.
    Drives Drive R displays message

External HD Error Mess: "drive or network connection ...unavailable [​IMG]

This PC

Thank You

:)

Georgz, Feb 27, 2016

2. How to find/set Network Credentials Windows 10

they are both WD My Book external drives and

both connected to my main PC

a month ago, they were both visible and used

by all of the computers on my network/homegroup

Power failure messed that all up

Thank you

Karen

KarenStavert, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Problem accessing external hard drive over network

Thank you for the information. When you run the easy fix, did you connect your external HD? It appears that there is already a network path. Was the network path not showing on your laptop?

Just keep the same settings at the moment because there was no issue on your external HD and other devices except the PC. There will be a possibility that we could mess up and you can't find your Toshiba when you connect it back to the laptop.

Regards.

Angelo Bar, Feb 27, 2016
  4. Georgz Win User

I continue to have issues. Have I not given proper information as to my question? I have another issue. No system restore available.

Georgz, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

1. External HD Error Mess: "drive or network connection ...unavailable - Similar Threads - External Error Mess

2. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...: Please solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drive-or-network-connection-that-the-shortcut/0abff9e8-8047-4366-97bb-d42ea9727f41
  3. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'startJK.Ink' refers to is unavailable...: Please solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-drive-or-network-connection-that-the-shortcut/0abff9e8-8047-4366-97bb-d42ea9727f41
  4. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  5. Connecting External Hard Drive to Network

Connecting External Hard Drive to Network: I would like to have an external hard drivecontinuously connected to my home network. My router does not have a USB port and I do not have any PC that is connected 100% of the time to the home network. my PCs are running Win 11 Home editionIs there a hardware device I should...
  6. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable: I have a user who cannot access one folder's contents on a shared drive. They can access anything else with the exception of this one folder's contents. I checked the permissions for the folder and it is open to all domain users. I am able to access the folder and files...
  7. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable: I have a user who cannot access one folder's contents on a shared drive. They can access anything else with the exception of this one folder's contents. I checked the permissions for the folder and it is open to all domain users. I am able to access the folder and files...
  8. User drive or network connection that the shortcut <> refers to is unavailable

9. External Hd Drive randomly disconnecting and not connecting on reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hd Drive randomly disconnecting and not connecting on reboot: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 1903 my Seagate Backup Plus has started to randomly disconnect and sometimes it's not connected on a reboot. I unplug the Seagate and plug it back in and it show right up. Before upgrading to 1903 I was on Win 10 1809 and never had any of...
  10. The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable.: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "---.ink" refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. I updated windows and now I get this "Problem with shortcut" error whenever I try to...