Windows 10: External HDD don't boot anymore

Discus and support External HDD don't boot anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MightyMauz, May 30, 2018.

1. External HDD don't boot anymore

I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions:

• one for mass storage and backup (4 tb)
    • one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb)
    The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use bootable media, I deleted the old files (not format, just delete) and extracted the new boot media to the root folder, but it doesn't work anymore. It won't boot anymore, it goes straight into windows.

I have no idea what I have done differently this time, but it bypasses boot on all my systems. I must have changed something, but I don't know what. How can I fix it?

:)

MightyMauz, May 30, 2018
Thema:

External HDD don't boot anymore

1. External HDD don't boot anymore - Similar Threads - External HDD don't

2. Backup not working to external hdd anymore? Why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup not working to external hdd anymore? Why: I want to backup my whole c drive so I can do a fresh start on my pc for work without losing all my other files. I used the windows backup tool in the past and the file history was fine. I deleted that folder off my hdd and have been trying for 2 days to backup the whole...
  3. Laptop not booting from external HDD

Laptop not booting from external HDD: I cloned the contents of my m.2 SSD (including my OS) to an external HDD because I wanted to swap the SSD for a faster one. The problem is that when I boot the laptop just with the external HDD, I get error code 0xc000025. Anyone who came across this issue? Would appreciate...
  4. External HDD volumes not appearing anymore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD volumes not appearing anymore?: Hi, I don't know exactly what I changed, but I used to be able to access my hard drive from both partitions on my computer Mac and Windows, however now, in Windows, the disk appears but not the volumes. I use a Buffalo Drivestation HD-LCU3 and it has worked in the past with...
  5. external HDD will not boot

external HDD will not boot: I have 3- Seagate 8TB external HDD. I was the Windows disk cleaning to recover space. deleting temp files, unused files, etc. I have used this tool before and it is pretty straight forward. the disk cleaning finished I turned the computer off as I normally do. the next day...
  6. external hdd

external hdd: Heyo guys! i want to switch from linux to windows but i have 1 little question about my external hard drive. Will it just work fine on windows or do i need to format it first? thanks in advance! submitted by /u/gekkemat [link] [comments]...
  7. won't boot with external hdd plugged in

won't boot with external hdd plugged in: My Dell insiron desktop will not boot when I have my usb external hdd plugged in. When I was on Win7, this wasn't a problem because I would unplug it when restarting after doing Windows updates. Now that Win10 pro 64 automatically updates and restarts my computer on its own,...
  8. External HDD

External HDD: Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a...
  9. External harddisk won't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    External harddisk won't boot anymore: I have an external harddrive with 2 partitions: one for mass storage and backup (4 tb) one for booting windows installations, macrium reflect and other media that needs to run from boot (8 gb) The bootable partition I reused for various tasks, everytime I needed to use...
  10. boot multiple OS from external HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    boot multiple OS from external HDD: Hi, first, i really do not know where should i place this post so it´s here. ok, i bought new external USB hard drive, and created 4 partitions. 1. windows 7 to go 2. windows 10 to go 3. multiboot linux tools created with YUMI. 4. normal data for movies etc......