Windows 10: External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

Discus and support External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 1T external USB HDD and i found that the disk is "RAW" , i am using windows 10 Pro 93581 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lamlienviet, Sep 15, 2017.

1. External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

I have a 1T external USB HDD and i found that the disk is "RAW" , i am using windows 10 Pro

:)

lamlienviet, Sep 15, 2017
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 15, 2017
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

Raw means it's lost the partition table you need to get free specific partition recovery software once the partition is recovered the files will be there

Samuria, Sep 15, 2017
  5. linhlz Win User
    You can try the Disk Check from the Command Prompt; In the search bar or Start\Run command, type: CMD.exe, then type: chkdsk c: /r and press Enter.Worked for me yesterday solving the same exact HD problem.
    read more this tutorial

linhlz, Sep 16, 2017
  6. jumanji Win User
    jumanji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

1. External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable" - Similar Threads - External HDD shows

2. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error: Windows Version: Windows 10, Dev (OS Build 21390.1010) On another computer - Windows Version: Windows 7, 6.1 (Compilation 7601: Service Pack 1) Hi guys! I've got a big problem with my school/private drive. Today morning I've tried to connect my drive to my laptop, and there...
  3. External HDD not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not showing up in disk management: My 1TB external Seagate HDD is being detected in device manger, but I cannot see it on disk management. When I connect it, it beeps 5 times, no matter which port I use submitted by /u/vininhosts [link] [comments]...
  4. Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10: Need some help figuring out why the following is happening. I have a Vectotech 4 TB USC-C SSD that is connected to a USB-C port on my PC running windows 10. Multiple times now - after a reboot or other unknown issue - the drive becomes inaccessible with the above error...
  5. F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems

F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems: lately a couple of my hard drives have been getting this error come up and I can just chkdsk F: /r /f or w/e but this on is a bit different it has error codes and some other stuff Im trying to save it without wiping it coz I messed up and didn't back up anything so any help...
  6. External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable

External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable: Hi all For some reason, my Seagate external has suddenly became unreadable. Whenever i plug it in or try to access it, i am told it needs to be formatted, but im hoping to not lose all the files that are on there. When trying to access is, it says " I:\ is not accessible....
  7. disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

disk structure is corrupt and unreadable: So it was working fine and then it got slow when putting things on it and then blah it wont let me open it. if i managed to get the attachment thingy right you the drive f: which is giving me the problems i tried to circle it in paint. 26054
  8. External HDD is corrupted and unreadable

External HDD is corrupted and unreadable: I ran chkdsk /f and now I get the "inaccessible" message. Is there any way to recover this drive without losing all my video files that are on it? 79455
  9. Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable: Hi, last night my internal hard drive is working fine but today when I want to access my hard drive windows said: [img] then I tried to chkdsk the hard drive, but aborted: [img] when I open the hard drive properties, the result is blank: [img] then I tried...
  10. Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable

Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting the above message when in plug an external HDD via USB. Checking this out forum I Have tried Chkdsk commands at cmd prompt: chkdsk f: /r chkfdsk /f f: for both I get the same reply: "Type of file is NTFS. Unable to determine volume and version state" This...