Windows 10: External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?

Discus and support External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an external microphone connected to my laptop but I cannot hear the recording as long as the microphone is plugged it. Is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bkalbjalksjdf, Jul 11, 2018.

1. External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?

Hi,

I have an external microphone connected to my laptop but I cannot hear the recording as long as the microphone is plugged it.

Is it possible to have the microphone plugged in and listen to the audio over the laptop speakers?

Thanks.

P.S: All drivers are up to date and the laptop has only one slot to connect a 3.5mm jack.

:)

bkalbjalksjdf, Jul 11, 2018
  2. BWalton Win User

No audio on external speakers after last update

I gave that a try it did not seem to help, there seems to be 2 groupings for audio 1 up near the top of the list :

External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible? [​IMG]

and 1 down near the bottom

This is what it shows for audio

As I said the speakers work fine on the laptop just won't work on the line out to the external speakers

Thanks
    Bill

BWalton, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Microphone not detected

Thanks again for the suggestion, but I don't really know what is going on with my laptop, because any audio devices I connect to the laptop was counted as one device. So if I disable the Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) in the settings, it will
    disable all microphones, not only the internal one. Same as speakers, if I plugged an external speaker to my laptop then disabling the Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) in the settings, my laptop will not be able to play any sound because the external
    speakers and the internal speakers count as one in my laptop.

External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible? 21fc269f-92ed-4e57-9743-2205b7850c94.jpg

Here, just for example, I plugged in an external speaker then it looked like this. When I unplug the external speaker, it still looked like this.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jul 11, 2018
  4. External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible?

1. External microphone but audio over laptop speakers - possible? - Similar Threads - External microphone audio

2. External Microphones and Audio Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Microphones and Audio Not Working.: Hi there.Recently, I installed an update for my Windows 11 computer, and ever since then my computer will not pick up any form of external microphone audio. I have used many different external microphones, and each worked for a bit, but then after maybe an hour or 2 they stop...
  3. External Microphones and Audio Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Microphones and Audio Not Working.: Hi there.Recently, I installed an update for my Windows 11 computer, and ever since then my computer will not pick up any form of external microphone audio. I have used many different external microphones, and each worked for a bit, but then after maybe an hour or 2 they stop...
  4. Audio and microphone not working externally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio and microphone not working externally: the audio for my pc is not working externally , and also the microphone is not working.but if i use headphones/earbuds the audio & microphone are working perfectly...
  5. Audio and microphone not working externally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio and microphone not working externally: the audio for my pc is not working externally , and also the microphone is not working.but if i use headphones/earbuds the audio & microphone are working perfectly...
  6. Audio and microphone not working externally

7. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  8. No audio out of external speakers

No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  9. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. no audio to external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no audio to external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-to-external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8