Windows 10: External Microphone not working? Help???

Discus and support External Microphone not working? Help??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys, So I bought a "Soonhua SH-666" Condenser Microphone to do voice-overs for my YouTube content. Problem is that my Toshiba Laptop does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unknown9969, Feb 8, 2017.

1. External Microphone not working? Help???

Hello guys,

So I bought a "Soonhua SH-666" Condenser Microphone to do voice-overs for my YouTube content. Problem is that my Toshiba Laptop does not recognize it.

I have tried everything and the microphone just does not work on my laptop. I have one headphone jack and it does not seem to work.

When I go on Recording Devices, the only microphone that shows is my laptop's and that doesn't even work.

So,,if anyone knows hot to fix this problem, please help I really need it *cry

Thank you,

:)

unknown9969, Feb 8, 2017
  2. Animgpt Win User

Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

I tried both the methods mentioned, but my external microphone is still undetectable by Windows.

After connecting an external headset with microphone, headset works, but microphone doesn't. Neither the external speaker, nor the external microphone show up in the playback/recording devices list. After plugging in the integrated headset and microphone
    through 4 pin 3.5 mm jack, sound comes to headphone, but system still uses the internal microphone.

My external microphone was working fine some days back, but I am not sure what happened that it suddenly stopped working and now is even undetectable.

Animgpt, Feb 8, 2017
  3. Headset microphone not showing up in recording devices.

The exact same thing happened to me, around the same time. I know the microphone works because I can use it on my phone. Additionally, my computer recognizes the integrated microphone, but that one does not detect any sound.

Have you had any luck solving this problem?

NicholasHibshman, Feb 8, 2017
  4. bookfox Win User

External Microphone not working? Help???

Reinstall & update the sound driver. Which specific model of Toshiba is it?

bookfox, Feb 8, 2017
  5. fireberd Win User
    What model Toshiba?

I can't find anything about that microphone. Is it one with a "TRRS" plug and designed for iPhones, PS4's etc. If it is that may be the problem as most PC's only use a "TRS" plug

The two types are shown below, The first one is the TRRS Plug.

External Microphone not working? Help??? [​IMG]

fireberd, Feb 9, 2017
  6. It is the Toshiba Satellite L50-C

I did reinstall the sound driver in Device Manager, but it still does not seem to work.

unknown9969, Feb 9, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    The Toshiba specs say a "combo headphone mic jack". That could mean one that utilizes the TRRS method, like an iPhone. Or in some it is either a headphone OR a microphone and detects which one it is and uses a TRS method.

I have a Toshiba Satellite touch screen laptop that came with Windows 8.1 and has been upgraded to Win 10. It uses the TRS jack as I use a headphone with it but have never tried a mic as I have no need for a PC type mic (I have a recording studio).

My Toshiba has Conexant sound and Stereo Mix is not available. Each recording device you want to use has to be manually set as the default recording device. To see if your mic is detected, in the Sound Panel, Recording section. RIGHT click in a blank area and then click to show Disabled Devices and Disconnected Devices. Then see if the external mic is detected (shown). If it is you can make it the default Recording device so you can use it.

fireberd, Feb 9, 2017
  8. External Microphone not working? Help???

I tried that, but my microphone is still not detected for some odd reason.

This is what shows up

Are there any other solutions?

unknown9969, Feb 9, 2017
  9. What sound adapter is your device using?

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2017
  10. What do you mean by sound adapter?

unknown9969, Feb 10, 2017
  11. In your device manager, guess I should have said sound card.

Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2017
  12. Conexant SmartAudio HD

unknown9969, Feb 10, 2017
  13. External Microphone not working? Help???

Do you have a sound manager other than the speaker in systray. With realtek you get a sound manager app and in some version you get to tell it what is plugged in.

Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2017
  14. fireberd Win User
    What type of connector does the microphone have? The TRRS or TRS like the pictures I posted.

fireberd, Feb 10, 2017
Thema:

External Microphone not working? Help???

1. External Microphone not working? Help??? - Similar Threads - External Microphone working

2. Audio and microphone not working externally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio and microphone not working externally: the audio for my pc is not working externally , and also the microphone is not working.but if i use headphones/earbuds the audio & microphone are working perfectly...
  3. Audio and microphone not working externally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio and microphone not working externally: the audio for my pc is not working externally , and also the microphone is not working.but if i use headphones/earbuds the audio & microphone are working perfectly...
  4. external and internal microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external and internal microphone not working: what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked. what should i do? i tried some steps that could help but none of them worked...
  5. External Microphone Not Working

External Microphone Not Working: I plug in my usb external microphone/headset to make a call with Google Voice. I then unplug the headset to join a Zoom call. I get a message through Zoom that I am not connected to audio. I plug the external usb headset in and Zoom does not recognize audio. The only way for...
  6. External microphone won't work

External microphone won't work: Hello, I have recently brought a hp laptop model 14-cf2518na which has one socket for headphones and external microphones. Headphones works fine, but I have plugged in two different external microphones both of which work fine with a different laptop and it doesn't...
  7. External Microphones Not Working

External Microphones Not Working: Windows 10 Home Lenovo S740 Issue: External microphones not working Built-in mic is working fine, but once I switch to a headset either bluetooth or 3.5mm wired, microphone does not pick up anything. I've checked the privacy settings, and mic is enabled. Volume for...
  8. External Microphone Not Working

External Microphone Not Working: I just restarted my Inspirion Dell Laptop I'm not sure if there was a windows update or not but when it restarted even though my headphones were plugged in it would use the built-in microphone. I've tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the microphone driver. I've...
  9. External microphone not working

External microphone not working: I have headphones that have a built in microphone, but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't work. The weird thing is that it was working fine a few days ago, I was recording my voice for something, I messed up and tried to do another take, but the microphone didn't pick up my...
  10. External Microphone not Working

External Microphone not Working: The update has broken my mic. If i plug in an external mic, it doesn't even show up in connected devices. Speakers or headsets don't show up either, but they do play audio when plugged in. The mic neither shows up or plays anything. If I downgrade the audio driver, the mic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot