Windows 10: External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

Discus and support External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Technical Preview my Acer monitor is not detected when plugged in by VGA to Lenovo G500 laptop. This works on the 7 Dual Boot. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gregrocker, Oct 7, 2014.

1. External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

After installing Technical Preview my Acer monitor is not detected when plugged in by VGA to Lenovo G500 laptop. This works on the 7 Dual Boot.

I only see one Generic Monitor detected in Dev Mgr. All Devices were issued drivers at install.

:)

gregrocker, Oct 7, 2014

2. External Monitor not being detected automatically

I have multiple laptops. For several years I have kept them in a rack and switch from using one to another using a KVM switch with an external monitor and full size keyboard.

Power settings are set to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. The first computers were Win XP. The current ones are two Win 7 Pro and one Win 8.1. I have never had an issue switching between computers. I press the button, and the laptop automatically detects
    the external monitor, and if needed resets the resolution. This has worked with no issue for 8 years. I upgraded the Win 8.1 to Win 10 last week.

WIN 10 DOES NOT DO THIS. It WILL NOT detect the external monitor. I have to use the Windows+P key and MANUALLY select the external monitor. I've actually memorized the key strokes needed so I don't have to open the laptop. I also had to go into advanced
    settings at the driver level to set the correct resolution on the external monitor. This seems like a very rudimentary function I can't imagine why Win 10 wouldn't have this functionality.

Computer is Lenovo G500.

Original Title: External Monitor

RSmith37064, Oct 7, 2014
  3. Delayed sound when using external mic with Windows 10

I have plugged in an Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB mic and am using an external monitor and sound bar connected by HDMI to my Lenovo G500 laptop. The sound from the mic is delayed by about half a second, so it doesn't match up with the music and lyrics coming
    from my karaoke app.

Any suggestions?

MartyBeaudet, Oct 7, 2014
  4. External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

Required Lenovo Energy Management driver which then showed Display on ext. monitor. I wonder why? *Huh

gregrocker, Oct 7, 2014
  5. Also required latest Intel graphics driver.

gregrocker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop

1. External Monitor not detected on Lenovo G500 laptop - Similar Threads - External Monitor detected

2. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  3. Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop not detecting external monitors: My Lenovo Laptop is no longer recognizing my external monitors. this worked fine until a few days ago. I have updated, removed, reinstalled the intel graphics driver and run intel diagnostic as well as windows diagnostic. All internal HW passes tests. The computer thinks it...
  4. Brightness not changing on lenovo g500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness not changing on lenovo g500: Earlier I was using an unactivated window, which was working nice.But since I activated my LENOVO G500 to Windows 8.1, the brightness hotkeys stopped working. I mean, they were showing the togglebars going up and down as I did by the keys but the display's is like...
  5. Brightness not changing on lenovo g500

Brightness not changing on lenovo g500: Earlier I was using an unactivated window, which was working nice.But since I activated my LENOVO G500 to Windows 8.1, the brightness hotkeys stopped working. I mean, they were showing the togglebars going up and down as I did by the keys but the display's is like...
  6. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  7. Laptop not detecting external monitor

Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  8. Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo PC no longer able to detect external monitor: Since June 2017, I have been using my Lenovo Miix 510 PC/tablet (Windows 10 – 64 bit) with an ASUS external monitor (VS-228H-P) and it worked as expected. However, as of a few days ago, my Miix 510 is no longer able to detect the external monitor I have been using for the...
  9. Lenovo G500 driver support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo G500 driver support: Hi, I have Lenovo G500, and I would like to do clean installation of Windows 10 (I prefer so rather than upgrade) According to this thread in Lenovo: Lenovo G500 WIndows 10 drivers - Lenovo Community This laptop may have issues with Windows 10 and I don't know how to...
  10. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...