Windows 10: External monitor not detected

Discus and support External monitor not detected in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mprop, Aug 5, 2015.

1. mprop Win User

External monitor not detected

Hi,
    I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office.
    When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the computer with the lid closed the external monitor gets the signal. Strange that always shows only one display. I do not know how to show the image in both screens (if possible!), so I can be looking at the laptop screen and at the same time project to a large television for presentations, since the external monitor seems not to be shown by Windows 10.

Any help? Is a windows 10 bug and will be a patch??

Regards,

Martin

:)

mprop, Aug 5, 2015
  2. ASams23 Win User

Windows 10 and displaying content on two external monitors.

Windows 10 display options is not detecting both my external monitors. It detects the laptop and one of the external monitors. I need to display different screens of information on each external monitor. What do I need to do to get both external monitors
    recognized?

ASams23, Aug 5, 2015
  3. external monitor

in settings - display when Detect is selected windows cannot detect an external monitor

John Boulton, Aug 5, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Hi

If you right click on your desktop and select 'Display Settings', please check that you have got your multiple displays set to 'Extend'.

Regards

UKMedia, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Press the Windows logo key and the P key, then see if you can select Extend.

alphanumeric, Aug 5, 2015
  6. UseLessUK Win User
    Greetings,

Check you're using the correct driver for the Gfx card and not the default MS one, as the MS one will only allow you to use 1 monitor.

Had the same issue on my desktop, until I got the Gfx drivers installed was stuck with one monitor.

UseLessUK, Aug 5, 2015
  7. mprop Win User
    Thank you windows logo and P key solved my problem of switching between screens!

mprop, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Burhan Win User

Hi Everyone, I was using USB to Monitor converter cable to extend display from my lenovo yoga 2 core i3 to the external monitor. After updating to Windows 10 I cannot extend display to the monitor. I have tried above recommendations but its not working for me and the monitor is not receiving any signal. Can anyone guide to the resolution please? Thanks.

Burhan, Aug 16, 2015
  9. To get the best help possible, you should really start your own thread. Did you reinstall the drivers for your USB video card?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. External monitor not detected - Similar Threads - External monitor detected

2. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  3. unable to detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to detect external monitor: My laptop suddenly stopped connecting to an external monitor via HDMI.It used to work fine with my monitor using the HMDI to DVI cable; and this morning just suddenly stopped. I've tried another HDMI to DVI cable as well as connecting it to another monitor using HDMI-HDMI,...
  4. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh...
  5. External monitor detected as camera

External monitor detected as camera: I have 2 identical Dell laptops. When I plug my external monitor into one it is detected automatically and everything works. With the other when I plug in the monitor it's detected as a camera. My display device, monitor and camera drivers are all identical and updated. In...
  6. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  7. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  8. External Monitor is detected, but black

External Monitor is detected, but black: My monitor was working perfectly this morning. I left for lunch and came back to a black screen. I've tried installing updates and the hdmi cord, but nothing has fixed this. The monitor is detected, as I can drag windows over to it. It's just black. Any suggestions?...
  9. External Monitor not detected

External Monitor not detected: I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?...
  10. NEC external monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NEC external monitor not detected: I have a Dell XPS 13 (2016) with a Dell USB-C adapter. It will not detect my NEC LCD external monitor. I have tried a Dell USB-C adapter and a D-SUB cable to the monitor. I have also tried a Monoprice USB-C adapter with a Monoprice HDMI cable. Neither work. The monitor works...