Windows 10: External monitor worked, but now does not!

Discus and support External monitor worked, but now does not! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello all, I have never posted any questions or replies to these types of sites before, but here it goes. I own an "Unbranded" (that IS the OEM) 10.1"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BUck13, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BUck13 Win User

External monitor worked, but now does not!

Hello all, I have never posted any questions or replies to these types of sites before, but here it goes. I own an "Unbranded" (that IS the OEM) 10.1" tablet that I upgraded to Win 10. I seem to have good luck up until now, I used win+p to set an external monitor to extend display, but ever since I unplugged the monitor to move it, the thing has not worked. I also went through control panel, checked display settings there, and also right-clicked desktop and clicked display settings there too. Nothing is working to get the monitor working again. It gets power and turns on fine, but not extended display like before. I tried and failed to open settings on the monitor itself, I also checked the drivers for the graphics, but no luck. I think I tried everything and even went to Microsoft for help, and that was pointless! So, any suggestions would help greatly!

Thanks!

:)

BUck13, Oct 4, 2015

2. Onenote worked but now does not in metro mode

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you for updating on the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the OneNote app and check if i resolves the issue. Here's how:

1. Type Powershell in the Taskbar search box.

2. Search for Windows Powershell from the results and
    right click on it and select Run as administrator.

3. Now copy and paste the below command and press enter

get-appxpackage *microsoft.office.onenote* | remove-appxpackage

4. Go to the search screen and type
    wsreset

5. Right click and select Run as administrator.

6. Windows Store will open, search for OneNote and
    install it.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Onenote worked but now does not in metro mode

Hi Helado,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Onenote fails to work on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

What is the exact error message you get while launching Onenote?

You need at least 1024 X 768 screen resolution for modern apps to work. The Windows apps will not work in screen resolution less than 1024 X 768. To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
    1366 x 768. Make sure that the screen resolution meets these requirements. You can check this by:

1. Right-click the mouse from the desktop interface and select
    Display Settings
    >Display > Advanced display

settings.

2. Check the screen resolution shown there. It should be at least
    1024 X 768.

Also, make sure the User Account Control (UAC) is enabled in the computer. To enable the User Account Control on the computer follow these steps:

1. Type "Account Control" in the search bar on desktop and press "Enter".

2. In the "User Account Control Settings" window, move the slider to the
    Notify me only when applications try

to make changes to my computer (default) setting and click "OK".

If issue persists, I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter to fix issues that may prevent app from working properly.

Click here to
    download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Try these key combinations and see if one will work:
    WIN P P (may need to do this several times)
    Fn F4
    Fn F5

Kanata, Oct 4, 2015
  5. BUck13 Win User
    So, I have tried FN F4 and FN F5, neither worked and when I typed WIN P P it shut off my on-board screen and I had to manually shut down my tablet then reboot. The screen came back on, but the external display extension is not working though. I will double check the drivers, because another user had that issue and updated drivers fixed that.

BUck13, Oct 4, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    The second monitor must be connected and switched on to be detected. If it is a TV you should change the source to PC or VGA to be detected. Make sure you have latest graphics drivers from manufacturer (not Microsoft).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. External monitor worked, but now does not! - Similar Threads - External monitor worked

2. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....: Support tried to fix an error on my laptop, They left me hanging and nothing was fixed. Now i have a very big issue. I think the fix has messed up all my drivers. My laptop monitor is blank, external as wellI ve tried all guides provided. No change, cant even activate safe...
  3. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....: Support tried to fix an error on my laptop, They left me hanging and nothing was fixed. Now i have a very big issue. I think the fix has messed up all my drivers. My laptop monitor is blank, external as wellI ve tried all guides provided. No change, cant even activate safe...
  4. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External monitor used to work but is now blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor used to work but is now blurry: Hello everyone, I have an Intel laptop running Windows 11, and an HP external monitor that supports 4k. When I first bought it, it looked great, but one weekend I was on vacation and when I came back it looked blurry and just not as sharp. I noticed the computer was...
  6. External monitor used to work but is now blurry

External monitor used to work but is now blurry: Hello everyone, I have an Intel laptop running Windows 11, and an HP external monitor that supports 4k. When I first bought it, it looked great, but one weekend I was on vacation and when I came back it looked blurry and just not as sharp. I noticed the computer was...
  7. External monitors don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitors don't work: Booting after the windows updates the monitors from the hub worked for 10sec and then no signal.They are showing up in the displays:I already tried to 'Extend the display' but does nothing:I tried the hub in my desktop and it worked with the displays.How can I solve this?...
  8. External monitors don't work

External monitors don't work: Booting after the windows updates the monitors from the hub worked for 10sec and then no signal.They are showing up in the displays:I already tried to 'Extend the display' but does nothing:I tried the hub in my desktop and it worked with the displays.How can I solve this?...
  9. External monitors don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Only works with external monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only works with external monitor: So my windows 10 laptop uses internal monitor when in safe mode and splash screens, but when widows loads it only sends it to second monitor. I have only use built in lcd selected in bios and tried to disable graphics drivers in safe mode then reboot to no avail. Also...